1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

att directv receiver choice

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mikec73, Jan 16, 2012.

1. mikec73

mikec73 AllStar

May 4, 2005
    i am looking into going back to directv, (part of a move where uverse wont be avail.) I cannot find any mention of the hr34 hmc receiver on at&t site anywhere, since dtv charges an upgrade for this then I would think att would too. Anyone know if its avail thru att and are there any other disadvantages to dtv via att? I like the discount.

2. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Its not available to all markets yet. I imagine that has something to do with it. Is San Antonio part of the test market?

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    How long have you been away from DirecTV? I don't have AT&T, but my phone company, I was able to get the bundle discount without going through the phone co for the install. I've heard of people bundling with AT&T after the fact as well.

I always prefer to deal directly with DirecTV, it seems most issues are dealing with a third party.

4. onan38

onan38 Legend

Jul 17, 2008
    I'm bundled with AT&T from 3 years ago i have dsl and cellphone service. I get $5 off on my AT&T bill every month and $5 off my Directv bill every month to.

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Yes it is and it has been since 12/8/11.

6. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    But only for new customers.

7. mikec73

mikec73 AllStar

May 4, 2005
    Ive been away about 4 or 5 yrs. had dish for awhile then Uverse came avail. had it since. but now we are moving to el paso and uverse isnt as widely avail there. Dtv seems to have really improved since so they are the obvious choice for me now. I do generally like to deal directly with a company but i like the bundle discount, att's website indicates it would be hard to bundle after the fact. Dtvs site does allow ordering of the hr34 for $99

8. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I'm pretty sure there are people here who were able to get the AT&T bundle discount after the install was finished. Do a search I think there was a thread about it.

9. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
  10. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I was able to get the AT&T bundled discount after purchasing straight from DIRECTV. I had to call AT&T customer service to get the discount added. And the billing has never been combined, I still receive 2 separate bills. One from AT&T and the other from DIRECTV.