1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATT/DirecTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jeffloby, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Jun 2, 2009 #1 of 45
    jeffloby

jeffloby Legend

Dec 3, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Called Directv today and when I got to customer service that is how they answered.

2. Jun 2, 2009 #2 of 45
    bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    Was that the 800-531-5000 or another number?

3. Jun 2, 2009 #3 of 45
    say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Seeing as there has been no merger of the 2, I'd suspect the number called was one given as a subscriber via an AT&T/BellSouth referral number or the OP misheard.

4. Jun 2, 2009 #4 of 45
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I have been getting the same thing for a couple of months.

During a conversation with a supervisor (unrelated matter) I brought up the question and was told it is part of their marketing agreement with AT&T that accounts within AT&T areas (even if they are not signed up through AT&T) will be answered this way.

5. Jun 2, 2009 #5 of 45
    gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA

I heard the exact same thing when calling their general number for a billing question (1-888-DIRECTV) from the CSR and from her supervisor.
    Something about ATT dumping E* and getting in bed w/ D* or something like that, maybe even bundling packages , not sure.:rolleyes:

6. Jun 2, 2009 #6 of 45
    ajc68

ajc68 Icon

Jan 23, 2008
  7. Jun 2, 2009 #7 of 45
    Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I have been getting Hello, ATT DirecTV for some time when I call the main number. I am in an ATT area and I do have the deal where I get money off my bill fgor having both. It started not long after the ATT DirecTV co-branding/sales agreement so it is nothing new.

8. Jun 2, 2009 #8 of 45
    Miller

Miller AllStar

Jul 21, 2005
    DSLREPORTS.com is picking up on rumors of a ATT/Directv merger/buyout. I hope and pray nothing comes of this. I don't see an upside for D* customers but I could be wrong. Either way this must be the partnership they currently have going on because it's way too earlly for them to talk like they are one company.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/DirecTVATT-Sale-Rumors-ReturnAgain-102716

9. Jun 2, 2009 #9 of 45
    mishawaka

mishawaka AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    does anyone do DSL through ATT? is there some sort of discount for being with DTV?

this $60 per month for comcrap is getting old.

10. Miller

Miller AllStar

Jul 21, 2005
    I know Verizon wants to bundle D* with their DSL but I'm in a huge Comcast area that doesn't have FIOS and I'm honestly not sure how much of a discount I would receive. I am frustrated with Comcast and I hate how they jack up the price for internet without TV, but their Internet is pretty stable in my area.

11. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Please...just don't start a new ad campaign!!!!

Year one - DirecTV...now the "new" AT&T
    Year two - the "New" AT&T, formerly DirecTV
    Year three - the "new" AT&T

12. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I pay $42 for AT&T DSL Xtreme 6.0 and get $5 off my DIRECTV bill every month...

13. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I have ATT DSL and what they do is offer various discounted bundles based on what you have - phone / internet / cell / TV (DirecTV or U-Verse where available). The more services in your bundle, the bigger the discount.

14. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    And I also have had them answer the phone with "AT&T DIRECTV" the last few times I have called.

15. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    They offered me a $10 discount if i get the DSL only deal since I dont care to have a landline. Also, my buddy who works for ATT at a direct retail store was able to offer me Dishnet so i guess its not exclusive everywhere.

As far as the merger I seriously doubt it with U-verse. They will continue to stay partners with satellite until they increase their footprint with U-verse then that relationship will decline. Plus im not sure they would clear both financial hurdles or the FCC.

16. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Would a merger be that bad?

ATT has these channels in HD: (that D* doesn't have)
    All of the HBO's/Showtimes/Cinemaxs/TMC's/Encore in HD
    E!
    G4
    Hallmark Movie Channel
    Style Network
    Lifetime
    Lifetime Movie Network
    Outdoor Channel
    QVC
    Wealth TV
    WGN
    and the one that many want on here, Travel Channel HD

DirecTV has these channels in HD: (that ATT doesn't have)
    Biography Channel
    Cartoon Network
    Crime & Investigation
    Fuel TV
    MLB Network
    NBA TV
    Tennis Channel

This link shows a very close comparison between the two. *with the exceptions listed above*

17. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    The only thing I've seen Malone do since acquiring DIRECTV is basically primp it for sale. Might as well do it. Hopefully AT&T knows what they're getting into and takes it seriously.

18. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

When AT&T and DirecTV subscribers can do a bundle with their services from both and get a $5. discount?.I would think that's a good thing.;)

Of course maybe Rupert will take Chase and DirecTV back in a package deal.;)

19. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I already have Bellsouth (ATT) landlines (2), DSL 6.0, 2 iPhones on two separate bills. Got a letter yesterday offering up to $175 cash back plus monthly savings to bundle D and DSL.

Fine print says 'New Service Accounts' so their database may not be very good since I already have them. I'm going to call today to find out if it will combine and not affect my existing D account. 866 297 9959 or Att.com/junebundles12

20. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    I got a card offering $200 off if I get u-verse but I have DTValready. From what I read, DTV is better than u-verse