att have head up a$$

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Jodean, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    what is going on??

Im a dealer specializing in RVs

Att is calling my customers, claiming they need an upgrade, telling them their hr54 is old, and they need to upgrade. Also telling the customer they have to have the protection plan and wont accept no for an answer.

So my customer calls me and tells me that he wont be home when the tech is to arrive to upgrade him to the genie 2. What?? I then have to explain for an hour that he cant have a genie 2, it will disable his camper receiver and the protection plan wont cover anything in his situation. Im the only one that can service his setup.

Another thing they just did last night, i called in and tried to order the LCC since our fox has been out for a month here now. They guy lied to me told me they had to send a tech to install it, even thought i told him the local techs dont have LCC. So this morning my cx gets a text about installing a new dvr. What?? He already has 3 dvrs, hr54 and 2 hr24, dont need any more dvrs!!! WTH so they again they lie and are trying to get people in new contracts instead of fixing the problem.

This really isnt that complicated, i just ordered an LCC on my brothers account no problem.

About had it with ATT!!!

tecnicoloco likes this.
  2. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    I cant believe they can just build an order for a dvr without telling the customer. Who should get fired??

tecnicoloco likes this.
  3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Oh, good news !
    Tell us more when you will had it in your hands !

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Sounds like a scam and the account is hacked. I would log on and immediately change the password to the account.

5. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    n
    nope, just called in again, this gal said the guy built a dvr upgrade and added a note to install a LCC, which we already knew the local techs didnt have any

6. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    now they cant send out the LCC because of the dvr order which is supposed to be cancelled, they keep transferring from directv to att cx service back and forth and i already know the account is att now, its been converted already. No one has a clue!!!!

7. tsduke

tsduke Godfather

Mar 20, 2007
    Yup, and I'm pretty sure it's so far up their that they will never get it out again.

8. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    for real!!

9. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    3 hours now on phone to att, due to the retard last night building that dvr order

10. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    transferring again now

11. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have given up calling them, you never get to talk to anyone that knows anything about D*. Too stressful. And the CSRs are arrogant. Ignorance and arrogance are difficult to deal with.

Rich

AZ. and tecnicoloco like this.
  12. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    And here I thought U-verse was horrible

13. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Nope. I can't begin to tell you how much I miss the D* CSRs.

Rich

14. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    transferring again

15. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    Great, after 4 hours, they finally got me to the correct loyalty dept, she had the LCC option greyed out, somehow over rid it, its on the way! and $30 off for a year plus an extra $40.

There is no way a customer would do this, they would have cancelled hours ago.
    Kinda bullsnot!!

Rich likes this.
  16. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    LCC came fedex overnight to my brother LCC.jpg

17. cmoss5

cmoss5 1960'S NOSTALGIA

May 26, 2006
    Tucker,GA
    WHAT STATE DOES YOUR BROTHER LIVE IN??? WHAT STATE DID THE CSR TAKE THE CALL FROM TO FILL THIS ORDER AS WHEN I CALL THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.....THANKS....

18. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    The LCC picured above is in 57376 , i ordered about 5 of them, my business partner has ordered some more. I found it helpful to have retention dept order it, 5 minutes on phone compared to 4 and a half hours in other support areas.

19. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    any chance get more detailed pictures and info about the USB tuner ?

20. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    Check the LCC thread