ATT Logo

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by etexlady, May 15, 2019.

1. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    I was watching a recorded on demand program today and noticed the ATT logo was plastered right in the middle of the screen. The logo was opaque but still very noticeable and annoying, especially when the screen was darker. Why, ATT, why?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    FYI: AT&T does not read this Forum.

Rich likes this.
  3. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    What specific program and VOD channel did you grab?

I've been grabbing the new DuckTales episodes all week when they go up at midnight ET on Disney Channel On Demand 1290, along with the the first two episodes of Chernobyl on HBO on Demand 1501. I didn't see any AT&T logos during them.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    I’m well aware ATT does not read these boards. If they did they might learn what a mess they have made of their satellite services among other things. I don’t recall the specific program but it was being downloaded from either A&E or Oxygen. I canceled the download since it was buffering so much.

AZ., BigRedFan and cypherx like this.
  5. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    This happened to me as well. Was watching a downloaded on-demand episode of "Homicide City" on the Investigation Discovery channel. It bugged the crap out of me, so I stopped watching.
    To my surprise, that logo was still in the background on any live channel I watch. It didn't go away until I turned my HR54 off/on again. I then went back to the episode and the logo was gone.

BigRedFan likes this.
  6. BigRedFan

BigRedFan Legend

Mar 28, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    By sticking their logo on a program's background would this not be an AT&T violation of the contract they have with the programmer ? To not tamper or interfere with the content ?

And when the AT&T logo shows up in the background of commercials being aired for AT&T competitors, ie. T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, DISH, etc. would the programmer affected not have serious damages they can raise against AT&T/ DirecTV ?

Plus other advertisers as well who do not expect to be sharing the screen with another product that is not theirs.

7. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    It shows when it is downloading.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    They didn’t stick it on the background during the program. It was a glitch.