1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATT Wireless and Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Brad00111, May 29, 2018.

1. Brad00111

Brad00111 New Member

Dec 30, 2007
    I know there was a really old thread around but I somehow can’t seem to find it. I have att wireless and directv and both accounts are totally separate. Does anyone know if there is any advantage to combine or link these accounts together? I keep getting different answers from various CSRs I spoke with.

Thanks for the help!

2. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't have att wireless but I think there's a $15 monthly discount for bundle services

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

3. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    and free hbo?

dtv757 likes this.
  4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I can't find anything on their web site about discounts/freebies if you combine your accounts. I use different email addresses for my DIRECTV and AT&T internet.

And getting different answers from the CSRs is nothing new.

5. Hansen

Hansen Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2006
    By combining my wireless, internet and directv on a combined bill, I ended up with a number of monthly discounts (probably around 50 per month) and unlimited data on all my wireless plan devices and unlimited data on my internet plus free HBO and some other perks.

6. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I checked into this a while back and in order to get any discounts you need the premium packages which I do not have or want.

7. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    If I get wireless home phone from att wireless does that quality for discounts with directv??

8. pmayo2002

pmayo2002 AllStar

Mar 30, 2002
    Florida
    You do not have to bundle them under one account to earn any discounts. I maintain them as separate and get the UNLIMITED PLUS discount ($25) with HBO discount ($17.99) on it.

9. Brad00111

Brad00111 New Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Thanks guys for all the responses. I’ll duck into a store and talk with someone in person. Maybe have better luck that way. Or atleast I have someone to yell at in person if they screw it up.....

dtv757 likes this.
  10. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Another thing to consider is that ATT has terrible customer service. They can frequently mess up an account. Maintaining separate accounts can prevent an issue in one account, spreading to a second account. For example, I had originally subscribed to DirecTV Now using my ATT email account. When I started having problems with DirecTV Now, the CS Rep would reset the account with a new password and I would then have to reprogram my email clients with the new address. Finally it got so bad I ended up cancelling DirecTV Now and reestablishing the account under a separate email, which not only corrected the initial problem but also shielded my main email account from further issues.

11. GoLongAndChopChop881

GoLongAndChopChop881 Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    We have an AT&T subsidiary, Cricket Wireless that offers DirecTV NOW.

12. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    IMO combined billing is a nightmare. When calling with DirecTV issues you get routed overseas. With a billing issue AT&T and Directv will transfer you back and forth and point fingers at each other. I canceled after 14 years because of the terrible customer service.

13. GoLongAndChopChop881

GoLongAndChopChop881 Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Sad. :(

Look on the bright side. You could switch to T-Mobile and Layer3 TV in your Denver area.

14. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    For wireless & DTV there really isn't any advantage in combine billing at the moment unless you want everything on one bill. As long as the wireless & DTV have the same physical address and last name you get all the current benefits they offer even with separate bills like the discounts with the Unlimited plans.

For their Internet (formally U-Verse Internet) and DTV I believe combine billing is required in some instances for discounts and to remove the data allotment placed on standalone Internet accounts.

15. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    And related to T-Mobile when I inquired last month, into an AT&T bundling offer it was a $15.00/mo. discount plus free HBO from DIRECTV along with an AT&T unlimited wireless plan.

The problem is as usual, no wireless provider we can find can really touch T-Mobile's Unlimited 55+ plan we (my Brother and I) have...

Two lines at unlimited data for only $60/mo. is unbeatable everywhere we look it seems.

Though the users of each line must be 55 years and over to qualify.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

16. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I use MetroPCS which runs on the T-Mobil network. My son has the $60 a month unlimited everything and 10 gig of hot spot usage, he does not have internet of any kind at his house. I added my phone to his plan for $25 and I get all but the Hot spot.
    I had Cricket before this which is on the AT&T network and I had zero to 1 bar signal at my house. The Metro signal is 4 to 5 bars all the time.

17. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Interesting. Only dealings I've had with ATT was a landline years ago. Don't remember any issues. I do know that D*, with all its problems, has never made an accounting mistake on my account. Mixing up accounts by bundling is usually a mistake, I would not do it.

Rich

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Makes me think the merger was a mistake, one company with terrible customer service gobbling up another company with terrible customer service (not forgetting I have never had an accounting problem with D*) just makes things worse.

Rich

19. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    I was bundled with Verizon landline for many years no issues . I'm not in att territory so cannot speak for att landline billing but u-verse does have strong customer service ratings . .

But I agree never really had billing mistakes on my D* account and been with then almost 20 years .

20. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I don't know what to make of T-Mobile. My neighbor has it and likes it. I'm in a Verizon store the other day and a woman is ranting about not getting a good signal with T-Mobile and she wants to switch to Verizon. I asked her about it and she tells me she couldn't get a signal in her house. Don't know any more than that. I would not mind switching to T-Mobile, my recent experience at a couple Verizon stores has upset me.

Rich