1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTN House/Alcatraz fans Daytona 500 now set for 7 p.m. start 2/27/2012

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Feb 27, 2012.

  1. cj9788

    cj9788 Hall Of Fame

    1,669
    2
    May 14, 2003
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57385759/daytona-500-more-rain-in-the-forecast/

    (CBS/AP) DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - NASCAR president Mike Helton says the Daytona 500 will start Monday night at 7 p.m. Heavy rain soaked Daytona International Speedway on Sunday, forcing NASCAR to postpone the event for the first time in its 54-year history. A 80 percent chance of rain and thunder showers is in the forecast until Monday evening before the percentage drops to 20 percent tonight, according to weather.com.
    Earlier, NASCAR vice president of operations Steve O'Donnell said the sanctioning body was prepared to hold the race under lights if necessary.
     
  2. Earl Bonovich

    Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

    30,092
    3
    Nov 15, 2005
    I know that NASCAR fans really want to watch the race, I do too and I am a casual fan.

    But the outlash of the fans of House and Alcatraz (mostly House), is going to be LOUD.

    The race should be moved to FX.... On FX is just an airing of Eagle Eye from 2008

    Do they refund the advertisers that paid top dollar for Sunday afternoon, Daytona 500 rates? For a Monday evening, where there is a lot more rating challenge?
     
  3. JACKIEGAGA

    JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

    5,617
    91
    Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for the heads up
     
  4. trainman

    trainman Hall Of Fame

    1,640
    38
    Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Is that a cross between a backlash and an outcry? :D

    There may be more competition in prime-time, but with a higher number of people "available" to watch TV in prime-time, I suspect the number of viewers will end up being higher than it would have been on Sunday afternoon.
     
  5. dpeters11

    dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

    16,345
    503
    May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    So has anything been said yet on when the episodes will air? Wasn't sure if it would be a special time/day or just pushed a week.
     
  6. Earl Bonovich

    Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

    30,092
    3
    Nov 15, 2005
    My guess is that they don't know yet.

    Because with the race at 7pm ET... that is an hour before prime-time starts.
    So if the track is not ready, they may still air the originally scheduled episodes as the filler..

    Then it may be up to the affiliate's schedule.
     
  7. yosoyellobo

    yosoyellobo Icon

    2,815
    187
    Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Tonight episode will repeat Sat 3/10. I will also record Sat episode just in case.
     
  8. RunnerFL

    RunnerFL Well-Known Member

    17,054
    312
    Jan 4, 2006
    FOX signed a contract with NASCAR saying they would not push race broadcasts off to sister networks regardless of when they take place.

    As for the advertisers... Trust me they got their monies worth while we sat there for a few hours yesterday watching their commercials over and over until the decision was made to move the race to noon today, and now 7pm.
     
  9. fluffybear

    fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

    7,316
    38
    Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Fox could also possibly sacrifice the east coast and allow House and Alcatraz to air immediately following NASCAR (provided it starts promptly at 7 Eastern/4 Pacific) and allow east coast affiliates to air when convenient (Thursday @3am or Saturday Afternoon). I'm guessing we won't have much int he way of pre-festivities (as typical with a delayed race) so the race shouldn't really take more than 4 hours to run.
     
  10. Laxguy

    Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

    15,396
    585
    Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    My curiosity is piqued as to how channel information—on DIRECTV®'s Guide —will be handled. Safest to record everything! (My guide is still showing the race is on Ch 2 here in the Bay Area). It certainly is not a definite definite for tonight, either.

    I'll be trying to see how Guide updates happen or don't happen.
     
  11. Herdfan

    Herdfan Well-Known Member

    6,506
    99
    Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Did you not watch the Shootout, the truck race or the Nationwide race? We certainly have a chance for multiple cautions and red flags and GWC finishes. Looks to be a great race.
     
  12. phrelin

    phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

    15,103
    329
    Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    USA Today in an update says:
    Fox, the sports/gameshow network has virtually no commitment to getting regular programming any ratings. "House", of course, is in its last season anyway. "Alcatraz" from a ratings standpoint is already a loser, so it appears they could delay the Monday lineup for a week.
     
  13. hdtvfan0001

    hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

    32,456
    258
    Jul 28, 2004
    Kept House set just in case....but added manual record for NASCAR too.
     
  14. renbutler

    renbutler Godfather

    566
    10
    Oct 17, 2008
    Rain is likely to continue plaguing the race tonight, so this might be a moot point.

    But if the race does pre-empt House/Alcatraz, there's no WAY they're going to sacrifice the east coast. I know they used to do that with Futurama during football season :)mad:), but there's no way these shows will go unaired in any significantly large area of the country. Both will be shown in primetime on FOX at some point.
     
  15. RunnerFL

    RunnerFL Well-Known Member

    17,054
    312
    Jan 4, 2006
    I just looked at the live radar for that area and it's clear with nothing else showing up as approaching that area. Even IF they don't get it in tonight I seriously doubt that House and Alcatraz will be on. And since guide data has updated everyone's House and Alcatraz recordings have been cancelled on their units as well.
     
  16. renbutler

    renbutler Godfather

    566
    10
    Oct 17, 2008
    I'm looking at live radar right now, and there is rain in Ocala heading east, with more behind it.

    I'm not saying it WILL rain, but rain is currently headed directly toward D-Beach.
     
  17. phrelin

    phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

    15,103
    329
    Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From here:
     
  18. spartanstew

    spartanstew Dry as a bone

    12,566
    61
    Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, my guide is now showing that the episode that was supposed to air tonight (clarence montgomery) is now airing at 10pm on 3/10.

    I guess I'll have to wait to watch the 3/5 episode until after I've seen the episode on 3/10.
     
  19. phrelin

    phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

    15,103
    329
    Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    That was scheduled before the Daytona rain delay problem. And that doesn't solve Fox's "House" problem.

    The San Francisco Fox affiliate KTVU web site now has the race starting at 4 pm PST and ending at 9:30 pm. No schedule adjustments for airing the "House" and "Alcatraz" episodes scheduled for tonight appear in the next two weeks, yet.
     
  20. phrelin

    phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

    15,103
    329
    Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I also forced a guide update on my Dish ViP612DVR and the race replaced everything from 4:00 to 10:00.
     

Share This Page