1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Problems On 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Don M, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    I have several 622 receivers. All of them have been experiencing audio skips. This happens on recorded and live programs. Could this problem be caused by a faulty dp switch or lnb.

Thanks for any help.

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Yes it could, also by a weak signal. The only information you have actually provided is that you have multiple 622s.

3. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    I have this problem on my 622 but only for certain channels. BBCA is the worst. I have found the audio skips occur after I use the skip forward or back button. If I use the fast forward or fast back buttons I get rid of the audio skips. So I use a combination of skip forward for commercials but then use fast forward (or back) before starting to play the program again. It is a PITA.

4. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    Thanks. I have had to replace two receivers in the past few days. I will try your "solution" asap.

5. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    A replacement receiver I just activated has developed the same problem. A replacement receiver I just activated a few days ago has the same problem. I will be happy to provide any additional info if it will help.

6. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    How could it possibly be caused by a weak signal? The skips can be fixed by fast forwarding or fast backwarding and then playing the program again. The information is there. It just doesn't play smoothly.
    The info that replacement DVRs have the same problem is very discouraging.

7. tedb3rd

tedb3rd Godfather DBSTalk Club

Feb 2, 2006
    I have a 722 and experience audio issues just like you're describing also. Our local NBC station seems to be the worst--sometimes it looks like they're talking in another language with English voice-over. If I fumble with fast forward, rewind, pause, play, etc., etc. SOMETIMES eventually it will correct itself