1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Quality Expectations

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by 1953, Dec 5, 2017 at 8:29 PM.

1. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Audio Quality Expectations
    A very sincere question for my fellow enthusiasts. I have corrected high frequency hearing loss. As I consider a significant upgrade to our audio component I now question if doing so is worthwhile. Even though corrected, my hearing not at all 100%. I also have tinnitus.

Your frank comments please.

2. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I have hearing aids and while the sound quality is not perfect, I'd probably be lost without them. My problem, with or without the aids, is that I can hear, but not always comprehend. I'm given to understand that this is probably due to inner ear damage. I also suffer from occasional tinnitus, whether I'm wearing my hearing aids or not.
    That being said, upgrading your audio components is a good idea in my opinion. The objective is to make the reproduced sound as real as possible. You don't want to go cheap on speakers In my family room, I have Paradigm speakers in a 6.1 configuration and in my bedroom, I have Energy (Klipsch Canada) Take 5 Classic speakers in a 5.1 configuration. Both are good for their listening environment.
    Take a trip over to AVS Forum. There you will find a lot of helpful information.

1953 likes this.
  3. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Thank you. I'm over on AVS daily.