1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Sync Issues

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by scottmail, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottmail

scottmail New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    I have just became a member, but have been reading posts for years on this site. It has helped me through a lot of problems with my 811, but, I recieved my 622 4 days ago and have been using the DVR quite frequently (3-4 times a day). I only have 2 recordings so far that don't have an audio sync problem. Sometimes it is off by 2-3 seconds. Is there a work around until E*can get this problem fixed?

Thanks for the help!

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    :welcome_s scottmail. I have read some posts about people having audio sync issues. Might help if you can provide more detail. Any particular channels that you are seeing them on. 2 to 3 seconds is a long duration for voice sync to be off. Is this with optical, RCA, or though RF. Might also help if you can narrow down what might trigger it. Are you doing a lot of trick mode stuff? Skipping, Fast forward etc. Are you sure it is 2 to 3 seconds?

Are you getting this with OTA? are you seeing it with Dish channels? HD? SD? is it only on TV1 or TV2? what is your hook up? I know this is not the work around you are lookng for, but if you provide some details maybe there are things you can try.

One thing that pops into my mind. If you are getting this on Dish HD locals (not sure if you qualify), using the OTA locals might provide better results.

Some input to your configuration might be useful, but I have read other having some issues so you might have to hang for a while. Usually Dish does update receiver more frequently when they are just released vs. longer update cycles for more mature receivers so hopefully they wait wont be long.

3. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    I am a heavy user with my 622 dvr and I'm seeing NO audio synch problems with my 622 and I am synched with standard definition. I use the 30 second skip button all the time because I hate commercials. I am using the T-link to my a/v receiver for my audio sound and the rca cables ( red and white) to my tv for sound. I am hearing audio popping on my tv2 out in single mode and I am using the rca jacks for the picture and sound to my second tv. I wonder if it is somehow an rca jack problem?

4. DAG

DAG Legend

Feb 7, 2006
    Can someone explain these two choices in detail?

5. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    My understanding is, for TV1, it's used to optimize the audio for the HD outputs or optimize it for the SD outputs. Personally though I've tried switching it back and forth and have not noticed a difference.

6. DAG

DAG Legend

Feb 7, 2006
    I haven't noted a difference either, but another member in a different thread reports solving his sync issues by changing to the SD sync mode. Perhaps it is just coincidence.

Personally, if the reboot issues were solved, I'd be much happier.

7. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Sometimes sound sync issues are the fault of the local station. I have called our PBS stations several times about the issue that they regularly have with sound sync.

Last night I noticed that the ABC affiliate's sound was off, by a small amount, during the academy awards. It was not a 622 problem because the problem was there on my Sony HD STB too.

8. scottmail

scottmail New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Thanks for getting back to me Ron, I am using both RCA and Optical for audio, component for video. The out of sync starts from the beginning of the playback, before I can fast foward or rewind. Unforturnately I cannot recieve OTA Locals. I am North of LA (on the otherside of the mountains) so I don't get any OTA out here. The problem is SD and HD (Fox, NBC) on only TV1.

I have read something about skip back tends to correct the problem, but I have not had that luck.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.