1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio/Video drop outs during Sunday's Daytona Race

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by briarnh, Feb 26, 2013.

1. briarnh

briarnh Cool Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Experienced numerous audio/video dropouts during Sunday Daytona Race. Fox network,Guide station # 25. My Genie connects to "Whole Home" latest system SWM.Did not occur when switching over to my AM21. suspect Directv transmission problems. Recent conversion to SWM and Genie. have also noticed a one time video dropout on my bedroom HR24-100. Wondering if any one else had experienced similar issues during the race. Concern related to the fact that Directv recently installed the the Genie along with SWM updates.Appreciate feedback.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My Fox is #26. I watched the race and did not see the problem you describe.
    It is very possible that the problem was in the feed to DTV from your local station.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I doubt the problem is with your Genie.

There were errors in the feed from my local Fox, and I suspect yours had them too.

In my case the SAT feed was good, but the OTA feed wasn't with my AM21, but my TV was better at handling the errors.

I spent some time in my TV's diagnostic menu watching the signal and while my level was 90%, with a SNR of 27 dB, it was reporting errors.
    My AM21 didn't handle these errors as well as my TV did, so I had many more dropouts with the AM21 than I did with the TV.

4. gemery

gemery Mentor

Apr 10, 2007
    Happened to me as well. Fox Boston.... Not the first time that this has happened for me for a Fox show.

5. briarnh

briarnh Cool Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Thanks for the replies,It was the Boston feed that I was receiving during the Daytona Race. Good knowing my New Genie is functioning ok

6. gemery

gemery Mentor

Apr 10, 2007
    Boring race, i might add....