1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio/Video dropouts - BAFFLED!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by timoth, Feb 6, 2018.

1. timoth

timoth Cool Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 27, 2006
    I apologize if this is in another thread, when I search I did not find anything matching my issues.

I am getting random audio drop outs and random video freezes/glitches. It happens on all of my TV's and happens on my iPad when I try to watch TV there (frequently on the iPad it will go with out audio for a good amount of time). It's been rock solid for me up until a few weeks ago when something changed (nothing in my setup)

Here is a topo of my config.

Thanks in advance for your time -

Attached Files:

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    First - I would Check all your SAT tuners for Strength -2nd -I would look at all your exposed RG6 outside connections (look) for damaged Connections.

With 4 Down leads all it takes is one bad outside Connection.

You Could also replace your LNB with a RB and dump your 4 wires down (to one) New RG6 and remove your SWM8 feed your whole system off the 4 way moving the CCK to the IRD port of the PI ann moving the PI -to port (1) of the splitter or DO away twith the PI and let the HR54 Power the NEW LNB.

Just FYI

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Did you get a software update around the time you started having these problems?

Rich

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    bingo! Even if there wasn't an update recently there are tons of known issues floating around with the old software and audio dropouts and freeze frame/pixelation is one of them.

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    These software updates really screw some receivers up. Key word in that sentence is 'some'. All this does is cause folks to change their setups when those changes are unnecessary. Makes me wonder if we'll ever see updates that either screw up every receiver or none of them.

Rich