1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio/Video Problems Only on TNTHD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Insomniac2k, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k AllStar

Aug 21, 2007
    For a few weeks now I have been experiencing the following problems (I'm not sure if they have official names).
    • The video will kind of freeze and characters outlines will move like a big white splotch, most of the time the audio is fine, occasionally it'll go in and out. This will last for up to 2s. If I go back, it does the same thing, so I assume it's the recording.
    • The audio will stop, but if I go back it will play back fine.

I thought maybe it was a dual recording plus playback problem, but yesterday Hawthorne was a mess while playing it back and Dark Blue was a mess today with nothing else recording.

It only happens to TNTHD recordings. If another show is recording at the same time, it's perfectly fine.

I have a HR20-700.

2. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    I have the same issue with Rizzoli and Isles. It happens on my HR20-700. I have some issues with other recordings but not like TNT.

3. rcliffor

rcliffor New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I also have had issues with TNT during playback when I fast forward thru commercials. Hawthorne on Tuesday night was really bad and would lockup anytime I touched the fast forward button.

4. narcolept

narcolept Godfather

Mar 1, 2007
    Just for reference, I'm coming back from Comcast, and for the past three weeks, Dark Blue has been displaying the same type of things on my Comcast DVR as described above. May not be a 100% HR2X issue.

5. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    We watched the most recent episode of R & I last night (recording from its regular night), and had no video issues at all during that hour. HR20-700 is the DVR. I have gotten lots of audio drop outs on USA network series recordings, but not as many on The Closer and R & I on TNT-HD.

6. GBFAN

GBFAN Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    That is interesting you are having the problems with Comcast also. I record Dark Blue every week and the last 2 episodes on my HR20 have been really bad. If 2 different providers are having the issue, it would seem it is a TNT issue.

7. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I am on D* and have the same problem as well HR24 500

8. eckhart

eckhart Cool Member

Mar 1, 2007
    I have extreme pixelization and audio drops on HD recordings of THE CLOSER on TNT for the past 4 or 5 episodes. No problems on other channels.