Audio with Marantz SR6005

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by nittanylion99, Jan 16, 2012.

1. nittanylion99

nittanylion99 Cool Member

May 22, 2007
    I have a Marantz SR6005 that is at the center of my home theater system. I have HDMI connections to my DirecTV HR20, Sony BluRay, and AppleTV. I had an older 50" Panasonic rear projection tv. All was happy with the world with this setup. I utilized my receiver for all audio and had my TV speakers set at zero.

I replaced the TV with a 60" Panasonic GT30 on Saturday. Now I am having issues with the audio not being processed by the receiver. I noticed it the first time with the BluRay and have had it happen since with the other connections.

I am suspecting that it has something to do with the new TV but I have no clue what. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about even diagnosing the issues?

One thing I think it might be is that my HDMI cables are all older. I suspect with my older TV it wasn't an issue since it didn't use any newer protocols. But that is just a huge guess.

Any help would be great - I am sure I will get gruff from my spouse when stuff doesn't work right.

2. John Williams

John Williams Legend

Oct 5, 2011
    You didn't say what exactly your 'audio problems' were. So taking a guess that you're not getting any audio or the wrong audio for what you select, the first thing you should do is: Go into the GT30's menu. Select the last icon (looks like a wrench). Find the selection "VIERA Link settings" and select it. Now make sure to turn "VIERA Link" to off. See if that fixed your issue.

3. nittanylion99

May 22, 2007
    My issue is that the audio is coming out of the TV and not the receiver.

I will try your suggestion. Based on some research I've done using your line of thinking, I think that might be it.

4. nittanylion99

May 22, 2007
    Your suggestion worked. It seems my SmartTV is smarter than me.

Thanks for your help!