August 2019 - How to get bill reduced but no pkg change ?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by RVRambler, Jul 31, 2019.

1. RVRambler

RVRambler Legend

Dec 5, 2004
    anyone know how or the best manner to get the slowly degrading Dish network service (no hbo/etc, fewer showtime, likely no new ACC network ch from espn, now 2 less local chs due to more fighting - portland stations, etc).

some of us like many of our channels but could not care less for more than half of the ones we are stuffed with, i personally love the educational ones, science ones, history ones but also others that show non banal 'paradise island, bacherlette/lor, big brother/etc bs type, sorry might would like if full frontal nudity allowed on those boring non-sense shows (apologies to those who are forced to watch them!) .

I do not want to change pkg just a lower bill, what started out as a $58/mo pkg is now $105, way too MUCH !!

HELP !
    THX!

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Look into the Flex package and the extras from there, about as close to ala carte as you're going to find. The channels are up in the 9000's, right next to each other.

3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    If you can't lower your bill by changing your package, the only other suggestion I can give is ask for a reduction in monthly bill. Some customers have been lucky and saved $10.

4. Jon W

Jon W AllStar

Jan 27, 2004
    We are in the same boat. Had the Flex Pack + Locals + Hopper 3 for $59 for 2 years. Just got my first bill after that expired and we are up to $75. Not horrible but not great for the flex pack. I will probably call and see what they can do but I'm annoyed that FSN is off the air (yep I kept getting it in the flex pack for no extra charge) I can remember getting America's Everything Pack for $69.99 "back in the day" Sigh.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH doesn't play the deep discount on overpriced packages game. If you can get any discount without reducing content take it - otherwise it comes down to a decision as to what is more important.

DISH didn't go from $58 to $105 overnight. I expect that comparable providers have raised their rates and fees the same or more over the time period that covers.

6. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    If you have been with Dish for a long time as I have, often you can get some shaved off your bill. But don't except much. The less you spend, the less chance that Dish will cut your bill by much. You can ask to put you on a contract for another year or two and lock in a price at a reduced rate. But Dish has to know you are loyal. They have always tried to help when I ask.

7. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    Threaten to cancel. When I mean threaten I mean sincerely threaten and tell them about your price. It also helps if youmention you are thinking of going to a competitor. If theCSR doesn’t bite, hang up and call again.

8. sparky27

sparky27 New Member

Jun 25, 2019
    What is the actual name of the package you are on? I use the flex pack...with my dvr its $43.99 a month. I'm going to add the sports package for $12 in a few days because football and basketball is coming! CFB season starts August 24th!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019