Back with DirecTV, package/pricing/installation?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by heisman6183, Apr 30, 2018.

1. heisman6183

heisman6183 AllStar

Jun 4, 2008
    I'm getting back in the saddle with DirecTV after 5 or so years doing OTA/PS Vue. Mostly for sports and the reliability of satellite vs. internet TV.

I'm going with a local dealer I trust but his quote was a little different than the offer I could see online, it had to do with his quote having the package and advanced receiver fee separate, vs. DirecTV online having it "all included". In the short term the online DirecTV offer is a better monthly price, but after the first year, the separate package and advanced receiver is better. In your experience, which is the better way to go, as I still have time to change my order before install. Do most new accounts get "all included"?

Additionally, anyone who had a local dealer do your install, do they charge you for it, or do they bill DirecTV?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    they will pass subscription's maintenance and billing to DTV, passing them all your info and DTV will create new account for you