back with DTV!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by krel, May 7, 2021.

1. May 7, 2021 #1 of 84
    krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    so i got sick of rectrum cable raping me in box fee's and other taxes and fee's. i broke down and gave DTV a third chance. this time it's been a really awesome experience working with someone from the pre ATT days that knows DTV his name is kevin and he's out of FL. we chatted for a while about what was happening. though i was furious LOL i decided to go ahead and give it another try he kept his word in keeping contact with me through the entire process. we setup the new install got a new set up and an HR-54 and 2 4K minis at the time of install. the genie was having a hard time picking up the remote and it wouldn't respond to it. so we did some trouble shooting steps and paired the remote to the genie that only worked for a while. i got a call back 2 hours later from him and he asked me how everything was i told him the remote is still acting stupid. so he said screw it i'll upgrade you with another 4K mini and a genie 2 got that installed the next day!!! since then everything's been fine. the genies is working as it should and the bill is as it should be what we agreed to. he's gonna call next month to see if everything's as it should be!!! i think i figured out what was giving me all of the issues. the first idiot wired it into the cable co's connection wich is rg59 wich should not be done as it should be rg 6 all the way:rolleyes:o_O. now that's how customer service should be and not wanting to put your fist through the phone wanting and needing to rip someone's throat out:rolleyes:o_O:confused:. now i'm happy as a clam:);)

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    dtv757, mnassour and Teetertotter like this.
  2. May 7, 2021 #2 of 84
    compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    We are all so excited……..

Dishdude714, TXD16, Rich and 2 others like this.
  3. May 7, 2021 #3 of 84
    krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    HAHA nope everything's as it should be now:);)

dtv757 likes this.
  4. May 7, 2021 #4 of 84
    mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    LOL

5. May 9, 2021 #5 of 84
    Teetertotter

Teetertotter Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Janesville, WI
    A very nice experience as there is some good people DTV.

mnassour, Dishdude714 and krel like this.
  6. May 9, 2021 #6 of 84
    SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Nice to see a post that's different from the usual 4 or 5 AT&T/DirecTV haters that have supposedly long cancelled their service for streaming yet spend all day on a DirecTV forum trying to convince all of us to cancel :rolleyes:.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    AngryManMLS, mnassour, TXD16 and 9 others like this.
  7. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    there's a few there that are awesome and they know what there doing but there very few and far between. though i called in a couple of times and they all seemed to have there heads on there shoulders. i am wondering if att is training them or if there weeding out the clueless ones since TGP took control:). i guess there plan is to get all of the subs back that they lost. should get interesting!!!

8. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    streaming makes no sense to me 15.00 here 20.00 there 10.00 here and then screwing with different apps to find my shows no thanks that would drive me out of my mind LOL and then your still at a cable sub rate:rolleyes:. and i'm sorry if my internet goes down i want something to do i am not going to depend on my internet to watch t.v.o_O. the rep called me back today like he said that he would i forgot about that LMAO i told him everything's fine signals at 100% the boxes are working fine and the bill is where it should be;)

9. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Agreed.

* I say I want these X channels, they say I'll need AT LEAST 2 or 3 providers. Or that I should stop watching those shows :rolleyes:.
    * I say that means 2 - 3 apps, 2 - 3 bills, etc. They say that's a dumb reason not to switch :rolleyes:.
    * I say I want to be able to record ONE ep of show without recording the entire series and/or keeping it for 9 months, they say that's a dumb requirement. Even had the haters suggest I keep a pad & pen by the TV so I can jot down season & ep #'s :rolleyes:.
    * I say I have a data cap, they say they don't :rolleyes:.
    * I say I like that DirecTV gives me the east coast feeds of the nationals because I can watch my shows during PRIME TIME on the west coast instead of during the middle of the night or next day. Again, they say that's a dumb requirement :rolleyes:.
    * I say I have integrated OTA, they say that's another dumb requirement :rolleyes: and that I should get an OTA DVR and add a 4th "provider" to the mix :rolleyes:.

None of the haters are yet to explain why I would want to do ANY of that when I have a fully working system that has ALL of those features AND I pay less then they do through the loyalty program. 1 device, 1 bill, all my channels, east coast feeds, integrated OTA, etc.

Quite odd. You'd think with all the options they claim to have with streaming, they'd actually go and you know... WATCH IT vs. trying to convince me in ludicrous ways to cancel my sub.

Kind of hilarious. A few weeks ago, one of the haters tried to convince me and I was calmly knocking down all his ridiculous work-arounds like the pen & paper one lol... and he was getting angrier and angrier with every post complaining I was flipping out when it was actually him that was raging.

Honestly, I have nothing against streaming... I would switch to it if it was cheaper and fulfilled my needs. I'm not married to DirecTV. Sadly, none of the haters can show me a package that's ACTUALLY cheaper and does everything I can do now.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    krel and mke like this.
  10. Teetertotter

Teetertotter Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Janesville, WI
    We have had ATT since Fall of 93' w DTV. 2008, we switched to ATT U-verse and in 2019, back to DTV. The reason I switched back to DTV, is local CBS was in negotiations and my wife was not going to be w/o her CBS shows. The station manager and Corp CEO emailed me back to tell me to switch to DTV, which I did. We did have issues with our local CBS to other times, when we had U-Verse. DTV HD has super picture quality along with being very user friendly.

We have 3 tv's and if something happens to go out, just a reset. If a storm, it passes in 15-20 minutes and can watch Demand. Or Netflix. People don't know or not want to know how to use the Settings menu or Help for their fixes, when so easy. Also Google the code that may appear on the TV, for the problem/solution/info.

This past January, after my first year back with DTV, I was able to keep the same pkg pricing for the second year. I have the Ultimate Pkg w Internet and local Regional sports. I think there are many that jumped the shipped, wish they hadn't.

Cable/Satellite TV is a luxury and either you can afford or not. They don't care if you are out of work, laid off, lost your job, elderly, veteran, and have other issues, you signed up and agreed. Move ON.

krel likes this.
  11. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    I think you jinxed it, he’s back to hating DirecTV again.....:weary:

krel, SledgeHammer and compnurd like this.
  12. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Yeh lol didn’t take long

13. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Lol. I guess he's in the other bucket now. The 4 - 5 haters that hate AT&T/DirecTV, but still have it because they "must" have sports, or their "wives won't let them cancel", etc. Or maybe we have to make a new bucket for the ones that hate AT&T/DirecTV, so they cancel, then decide they hate streaming even more and come back and can't decide whether they hate DirecTV more or streaming more :D.

krel, MysteryMan and compnurd like this.
  14. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Shake it off. :D

krel likes this.
  15. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i am glad i left piss poorly trained CSR'S that don't know how to run the systems on the computer installers that are not customer oriented very few are ( atleast in my area ). the only way i would take DTV is if it was out of AT&T hands completely it's a disaster LOL. i am not a streamer i am not going to sit there and remember what shows are on what apps and the price for using multi apps comes out to costing more than a cable sub!!! though it makes one wonder if AT&T is doing it on purpose to piss people off so they can get them on there streaming service and to shut down DTV:(.

SledgeHammer likes this.
  16. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i don't hate DTV it's AT&T i can't stand no one knows how to work the systems on the computer installers have excuses of why they cant install me in my area and they have done it before LOL. i don't need that nonsense

17. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I'll agree on this part and add "more then a DTV sub" too.

krel likes this.
  18. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    and not only do you have to worry about price hikes. but they also have to pay the platform provider as well aka apple roku so you may need to find your shows elsewhere also

19. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I am confused ... but I think I'm ok with that.

Are you having issues with AT&T other than with DIRECTV or AT&T TV that are leading to your anti-AT&T posting? From your posts it sounds like you are having issues with your newly restored (third time is a charm) DIRECTV service. Or is your problem with DIRECTV the fact that they are owned by AT&T? I don't expect DIRECTV to get tremendously better when TPG takes over management. There is only so much they can do.

20. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I'm not OP, but when I first got a cell phone, I went with AT&T and they were a huge ripoff. So my fam went to a T-mobile fam plan. $90/mo for 200 mins of talk + limited text + no data. That was obviously a while ago. The T-mobile fam plan was $26/person for a much better plan. I cancelled my land line with them due to the price as well, but that's regulated so not really an AT&T issue.

I'll also agree that the majority of CSRs there these days, especially if you get an offshore one, aren't good for much beyond the standard script. Then again, what company is? If OP ran a company he would train all his CSRs to answer 100% of questions? I wouldn't. I'd train 99% of them to answer the 5 questions that come up 99.9% of the time and have a few onshore people that can answer the 1% of edge case questions for the once in a blue moon that happens.

I try to avoid truck rolls from DirecTV AND Cox. The last time I had a DTV truck roll to re-aim my dish, I was expecting a 5 minute in and out and the dude got all sweaty and stunk up my house for 4 hours rewiring it :D. Totally unnecessary.