1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad CSR

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CHIEFTWAN, Apr 26, 2006.

Have you ever had a problem with dish csr's(install/repair)

1. Did you resolve issue yourself?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Did Dish resolve issue?

62.5%
  3. Has the issue been resolved?

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHIEFTWAN

CHIEFTWAN Cool Member

Nov 19, 2004
    I called cust serv to inquire about installation of a 322. I told the csr that I had a dishtwin LNB with two receivers(3900 & 301). I stated to csr that I was going to swap out one of the receivers. Then I asked what additional equipment would I need to install the 322. The csr told me that I would only need a seperator. Based on this information I went out and purchased a 322. I activated and installed the receiver and I wasn't able to get the proper signal on input 2. I reversed input 1 and input 2 just to make sure the cabling or port on seperator wasn't bad. Same result. I removed the seperator and didn't receive the error. After I got the receiver to work(half-way), I researched the forums and found out that the dishpro twin lnb has to have two individual feeds to the 322 or a dpp-44 has to be utilized. I'm really upset now. I bought a 322 based on misinformation from the csr. I have 3 options two which aren't feasible. Installation of a dpp lnb or running another feed aren't feasible for me. The only option is to go out and purchase the switch. I've learned the hard way, always second guess what the csr tells you. It may be the wrong info.

2. BillBibeau

BillBibeau New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Well, you aren't alone having trouble with the Dish Network CSRs. I called for a simple order of the dish magazine. I wanted it billed annually. Well...they billed my auto pay monthly for 2 months and I never got a single issue. When I called again, I was told if I pay annually, I only get one big issue a year....monthly, I get monthly issues. NOT !!! I finally cancelled the whole thing seeing I haven't gotten an issue. I still haven't been credited for the issues I never got.

What do you want when they outsource the CSR work to India and the people there don't speak or understand good English! Dish Network customer service sucks!

3. Opynion

Opynion Godfather

Mar 21, 2006
    According to some world economist, Dish Network moved CSR work to India, to avoid going out of business, now thanks to that, Dish is more competitive, just don't say that Dish pays India's CSR's a lower salary than what they pay AmericanCSR's, because they might say that you know nothing of world economy or something like that. :nono2:

4. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    The poll options need some work. The options are redundant and not all of the possible answers are options.

1. Did you resolve issue yourself?
    2. Did Dish resolve issue?
    3. Has the issue been resolved?

If the answer to 1 is yes, then the answer to 3 is also yes. If you resolved it yourself (#1), then the issue has been resolved (#3).

By the same reasoning, if the answer to 2 is yes, then the answer to 3 is, again, yes. If DISH resolved the issue (#2), then the issue is resolved (#3).

Plus, if the issue has NOT been resolved, you can't vote at all. There's no "unresolved" option.

Furthermore, the question asks if you've ever had a problem which means there should be a "No, I've never had a problem" option. If you've never had a problem, you can't vote either. I've never had a problem with installs or repairs.

That's like having a poll with only one answer option stated in different ways:

What is your favorite soft drink, Dr. Pepper or Pepsi?
    1. Yes.
    2. My favorite is Dr. Pepper.
    3. I hate Pepsi.

5. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    So the only way Dish is able to stay in business with it's 12+ million customers is because they switched their CSR business to India? Interesting!
    So I guess those CSR's that work in El Paso, Harlingen, Littleton, Thorton, Tulsa, Bluefield, Christiansburg, McKeesport, and Pine Brook need to be looking for other jobs since they are causing Dish to go under.
    Tell me again what that guy was smoking? Cause if it makes him hallucinate like that, it must be pretty good! :D

6. Opynion

Opynion Godfather

Mar 21, 2006
    Whatever he smokes makes
    him feel like a king :cool:
    and he also said that
    he was all ears, :rolleyes:
    so, we better not invoke him. :nono2:
    cause you might end up
    agreeing with him :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.