1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad pix-seattle-locals-has to be dtv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bcpc, Nov 23, 2010.

1. bcpc

bcpc Cool Member

Mar 19, 2003
    since sunday--I can't be the only one seeing this--the locals which include abc-nbc-etc. have bad pic. breakup--I change to a higher number channel--no problem--what the heck is dtv doing--it's not my equipment if every channel outside of locals show correctly--anybody else in this area see this

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    No problems here. NW Seattle inside the city limits. Do you have SD or HD, which are you watching? What model dish? How many receivers and what type of wiring? It could be your equipment, or dish alignment.

Carl

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You need to post your area. Locals working fine where I am.

4. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    We have not had any problems with the seattle locals. We are south of Olympia.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    So what area are you in, and what are your signal strengths? Can't really offer much help unless you give us some basic info to help you troubleshoot.

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    No problems in Mill Creek, even with our snow!

7. bcpc

bcpc Cool Member

Mar 19, 2003
    where i'm at east of everett out of snohomish, shooting probably out over snoqualmie falls over cascades--rca drd486rh-sd-dish is so old (out of radio shack-that's how long i've been with dtv) could not even begin to tell you what it is execpt a small oval--signal strength right now is 100% and is usually that or above 90 except when we get one of our BAD down pours--this is about the only time I get a bad pic, breakup--this started sunday with a foolball game on 4 (abc) local--other locals had it to--but only locals--any other number channel was ok--as is right now--but this moring--11-23-locals were breaking up--others not--and again--this afternoon everything is ok--even with locals

next time this happens--i will check strength if i'm here--wife tells me about it

if the dish is off--would that still let me get such a good signal but maybe let the locals be bad--but why would they be better some time later--receiver going bad maybe or if you all have hd--could it be that i have sd.

8. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yep. Our local SD channels are delivered via Spotbeam transponders, and are somewhat stronger than the Conus (nationwide) transponders. I'm betting that your dish alignment is off, or moisture is messing up your LNB or outdoor coax connectors.