Baseball recordings cancelled

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by demoleon, Oct 7, 2020.

1. demoleon

demoleon New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I am TRYING to watch the post season but Directv is making it difficult. I have had two games (1 on TBS and 1 on a 4K channel) cancelled half way through the game. I didn't cancel it...it just says cancelled by server. WT actual F? I guess I am going to have to schedule all future games manually as I don't trust Directv with recordings anymore? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

longhorn23 likes this.
  2. Steveknj

Steveknj Icon

Nov 14, 2006
    The guide data has been screwed up. In the middle of one TBS game, the guide went from Yankees vs Ray to Baseball teams TBA something like that. There's been some weird guide glitches as well, mispellings and guide data issues.

3. demoleon

demoleon New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Well, they did it again! I had the Braves Dodgers game set to record on one of the 4K channels but at about 7:20 noticed that it wasn't recording. Sure enough Program cancelled due to programming change with a code of 13. I guess Directv doesn't want people to watch baseball? I think I'm done with Directv. Maybe time to check out Dish or cut the cord. Definitely setting manual recordings for the remainder of the post season!

longhorn23 likes this.
  4. longhorn23

longhorn23 Active Member

Jan 19, 2019
    The 4K broadcast was cancelled for me as well before the game but I caught it. I’ve actually seen this happen often and it never makes any sense.

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It’s because the info gets updated so it cancels since the info has changed. It’s a pain.

SamC and longhorn23 like this.
  6. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    This happens with any pro playoffs, and with things that can get changed on short notice like college football. The deal is ANY change to the guide data cancels the recording. So if it changes from "Dodgers v. Braves, if necessary" to "Dodgers v. Braves", that cancels the recording.

Just set it manually.

longhorn23 likes this.
  7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That is unfortunate and it could be done better but as you note that is the way it is. Deal with it.

longhorn23 likes this.
  8. demoleon

demoleon New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Well they keep doing it. I found the Astros Rays game in the guide on tbs and set it to record. After 13 minutes the server cancelled the recording. I checked the guide again and it now has a bunch of 1/2 hour blocks of No Title Available. Pathetic.

longhorn23 likes this.