1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Baseball Tonight" on ESPN-Only want to "catch" one episode per night...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JAYPB, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    Would anyone who's recording "Baseball Tonight" on ESPN care to share how they have set up their HR20's (or R15's) to catch one recording of the show PER NIGHT? The show isn't on at the same time every night (or it seems every week) so I can't set up a manual recording to catch it only once per night....and using the Series Link catches multiple episodes per day....which obviously interferes with the other things I have recording.

I'm in the process of transferring over my Season Passes from my SD Tivo and I decided to set up a SL for "Baseball Tonight"....and ran into this *issue*.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Other then a Manual Record (which won't work because of the moving time).

There is no way to do it, unless ESPN add's additional guide data to the airings, so the HR20 can identify unique episodes.

3. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    That's what I was afraid of. I'm thinking I'll just keep the Series Link and delete until I have one episode per day....nothing like babysitting a DVR....the HD TIVO issues of the recent past have prepared me well in that regard..... :grin:

Thanks.

4. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    I have the same issue with NFL Live with it recording it multiple times. But with it recording multiple times, it works out cause sometimes games runover that come on before the show.

5. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    You can set up your series link to save at most 1 episode. That way you only see the last one.

- Craig

6. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    But then I'd have to make sure I was able to view that particular episodes (and subsequent ones) each day...so that option won't work for me.

I'll just have to thumb through the episode list on the series link and delete showings until I'm left with one per day.

7. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I'm confused why the HR20 is recording multiple episodes, as opposed to not enough. If the guide data for each episode is the same, wouldn't the HR20 consider the next showing a repeat and not record it because it's already in the list, or because it was recorded in the last "n" days (even if it was deleted, like the HR10)? I would think your problem is not recording enough episodes, rather than too many. What am I missing here? TIA. /s

8. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    If DIRECTV were to add Additional Series Link Option to select time-of-day and/or day-of-week window for when recordings are valid which is currently #85 on the HR20 Wish List, then I believe your problem would be solved. Unfortunately, you must rely on the Guide data which can be problematic for situations such as this.

9. james2006

james2006 Legend

Oct 11, 2004
    I set a manual record for 9 am each morning, which, until recently, would always record BBTN from the night before with the west coast highlights. Just this past week ESPN has started showing SC in that slot about three times a week, so it is not working that well.

One thing that bugs me about how the repeating manual record works...why can't you tell it to keep at most one episode, as if it were a series link?...I really liked the way Tivo treated a repeating manual recording as a season pass. As it stands now, I have to delete the old recordings manually so they don't fill up the hard drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.