1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bbc's And Diplexers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by hockey8787, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockey8787

hockey8787 Cool Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Just wanted to let anyone that is wondering know if the bbc's will work with diplexers THEY DO i installed them yesterday and they are working great no problems all. So go ahead and do it.

2. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    ONLY if the dilpexers are not between the BBC's and sat.. otherwise you will loose 103b...

3. hockey8787

hockey8787 Cool Member

Jun 13, 2007
    right the bbc must go between the multiswitch and the diplexer

4. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    nope.. between reciever and BBC...

5. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    houskamp,

I think you mis-read the statement. The BBC must go between the multiswitch and the diplexer. There is no way for the BBC to go between the receiver and the BBC.

Carl

6. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    And with the H21s there is no OTA port so the diplexer at the set end goes to the H21 and the set itself. Not a big issue except that Home Theatre folks like to keep the eq in closets and behind walls.

Joe

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    :confused: Since the H21 has no OTA tuner, why would anybody diplex the coax to it? :confused:

8. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    Just did a H21 and the antenna went to the TV not the box.

Worked good!:)

9. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Thanks, that now makes sense.

10. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    You diplex because you run out of wire.

The last installation I did.....Where I discovered the lack of the OTA port as I opened the box........was prewired in a strange way. The BRICK wall had been built around the prewire stuff (two coax, 2 cat 5 & 2 data / control lines)

I showed the customer what was required and he said no way. As it ended I used modulators on the H21s to distribute the signal to mirror sets and a regular splitter to serve the the non HD sets, all eight of them.

The diplexer would be used to connect the OT signal to the HD sets. It ended with a "not now" solution. The BBCs would have to moved per this thread.......no word from any DTV entity on this application!

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.