Becoming a Directv Dealer?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Safwanish, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Safwanish

Safwanish New Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Hi,

Does anyone have experience in becoming a Directv / AT&T reseller? If so, please guide me on the procedure to becoming one.

Is there any sub-forum where we can discuss things as dealers/retailers?

Thanks

Dishdude714 likes this.
  2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Do they even have dealers or resellers any more?

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I think they have some grandfathered dealers but they took most of business in house before the AT&T acquisition.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  4. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    WHY????

5. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    That ship sailed around 5-7 years ago. No money left in it even if you could do it.

6. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Well a lot of third party dealers I've interacted with over the years promised things that were not possible such as extending the 12 month promo pricing to 24 months, before the all included packages one told me that I could get Choice for $29.99/mo with no DVR and additional TV fees, promising sports packages like NHL that were not included in a new customer offer, etc.

So I wouldn't be surprised if misrepresentation is one reason they don't have new third party dealers.

krel likes this.
  7. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Yeah when AT&T took over the show & acquired DIRECTV, they took everything in house and you basically have to deal with AT&T now to get any new installs or new equipment now.

krel likes this.
  8. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Probably part of a deal they struck with Mastec. Mastec already handled a lot of AT&T's broadband installations.

9. Safwanish

Safwanish New Member

Oct 22, 2020
    What about Perfect Vision's program? I see they are still offering AT&T Residential dealership (which now includes AT&T TV and Directv etc)
    PerfectVision

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Sounds more like one is becoming a PerfectVision reseller - not a direct dealer for AT&T|DIRECTV. There are several dealers/resellers where one can become an affiliate of the dealer/reseller.

Becoming a reseller (just selling service for AT&T|DIRECTV to install) especially as an affiliate of an existing reseller shouldn't be hard. Becoming a dealer where AT&T ships equipment and the dealer does the installation is a different level. Years ago I'd recommend using a reputable local dealer to do installations (good dealers can be more creative in installing equipment the way the customer wants and not just follow DIRECTV's template). I never recommended resellers who didn't do their own installs.

DISH had problems with some resellers using illegal practices for which DISH was sued and lost. A good reason for AT&T|DIRECTV and DISH to keep the sales effort in house and not take the risk with outside resellers and dealers.

Safwanish likes this.
  11. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    why would you want to even entertain the thought of becoming a DTV dealer??? it's a failing business everyones streaming now. and to be honest i can get 450 channels with a 17 tuner whole home DVR for 50.00 a month from fios out here wich would be a no brainer vs DTV

Safwanish likes this.
  12. Safwanish

Safwanish New Member

Oct 22, 2020
    True that but there is still a huge chunk of the country that isn't covered by these other companies like Fios Spectrum etc just due to the fact that those cities counties are not densely populated enough for them to make their infrastructure development and investment viable. I have no doubt that Directv will continue to bleed customers moving forward but i am expecting the bleed to stabilize soon enough.

krel likes this.
  13. Safwanish

Safwanish New Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Perfect Vision runs a non-fulfillment program as well. where the only responsibilities for a dealer is to find customer via approved marketing tactics and sign them up using their order entry system and then AT&T takes care of the entire installation process and you can earn a commission that way. You don't get installation bonus but you do still get a sale commission. This also allows dealers to sell nationwide via marketing because you are basically using AT&T's own installers to do the installs. Scalability is the key with this program.

krel likes this.
  14. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    with all of the hardware issues iv'e had wich has been resolved to my satisfaction. but it should not have taken 5 months to do it:mad:. the billing issues my bill is never right, i had to call DTV more times to fix things in the past 6 months vs the past 20 years before AT&T took em over. at one point they had two packages overlapping on my acct wich cranked the bill through the roof. and that took 6 phone calls for them to figure out some of the CSR'S didn't even want to help me figure out what was going on:mad:. would i choose DTV again prob not nor would i recomend em because of there god awfull CSR'S. i am hoping that once AT&T offloads it it gets new CSR'S that are in america and that are will trained with the system and how to deal with issues that may arrise. but wish in one hand and **** in the other and see wich one gets you more:confused:. the offer to get fios for 130 a month for gig speed internet and 450 channels and a 17 tuner whole home dvr is pretty tempting:cool:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  15. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    you'll also have to deal with AT&T'S god awfull CSR'S btw wich nobody likes from the customers the installers right down to the lady of the office of the president since she told me she would replace em if she had the power!!!

16. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i thought it was all done in house. i haven't seen resellers in costo. i see one in wal mart a while back but that was it. maybe we will see em during the holidays

17. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    another thing is. before att ruined dtv. dealers used to get what was known as a showroom acct. not anymore att took that away.. att won't deal with the installers after 90 days only the consumer. dish will deal with both the installer and the consumer even if it's 5 years down the road

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  18. Claude A Greiner

Claude A Greiner DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 7, 2018
    I have been in the business 22 years and now is NOT the time to be getting into selling satellite.

Its a tough sell to any customer, and then you got the issue that most customers expect to be bundled with internet.

I would honestly wait till Directv is sold before trying to become a dealer.

19. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Att screwed up being a dealer

20. Claude A Greiner

Claude A Greiner DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 7, 2018
    Oh absolutely.