Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The OT' started by turey22, Feb 10, 2009.
Currently, especially during the winter months....my arse finds the couch after 7pm and it has a hard time moving around. I usually eat between 5:30-7:00. Eating anything after that time will just sit on me. In fact, it has. I went up a size on my waist. The awakening was my wife walking in on me trying to add another belt hole on my belt. I'm not large, but I'm not me anymore either. If that makes sense.
By the way, I've started adding a lime to my Michelob Ultra. It's changing it up a little. Worse thing is.....St. Patricks Day is right around the corner. I see this Sam Adam's Irish Red beer......anyone try that? Please have one for me!
Reminder: Guinness has only 122 calories per 12 oz. and it's quite satisfying
I'm with you man! When I retired from the Air Force I must have gained 20 lbs in the first year due to inactivity. I am trying hard to get back to what I was when I retired (8 years ago) but I think the years are catching up to me.
So, back to the subject at hand, beer. I think you don't need to be anal about calorie counting if you take what Italia did as a way to deal with calories intake versus expending. For instance, beer has a ton of empty calories so in order to offset the calories, if you are so willing to, you need to exercise. Does an extra few beer mean another couple of laps around the track? Sometimes!
Yes it does!!! which sucks smiddy, I have been counting my calories lately and like you I have gained actually 30 lbs since I am not active like I used to be. I would always be playing soccer and running. Now I only go to the gym run a 1 1/2 (since I am sooooo out of shape) and lift weights.
I plan on losing weight but those beers are just to good to not drink. Especially after a hard day of work and a good work out. Its better than water!!! :lol:
I went to the store yesterday to get another case of Michelob Ultra's. Sitting right next to the regular Ultra's are these new Michelob Ultra's (orange flavor, lime flavor, and something else). I didn't grab it for fear it would taste like one of those Miller Chiller's with the Lime. I'll splash my own lime in thank you. But was curious if anyone tried one of these? I hear the other beers calling my name, but I refused to look. I can only imagine what that first beer after lent is going to taste like.
Smiddy, I agree....exercise does play a big part. But unfortunately, I have not gotten on a regular routine. But yes....a couple extra laps around the track is worth it for a Newcastle (or your beer of preference).
Tonight is beer night, woowho!
Isn't every night beer night?
It was until I had to take antibiotics. I was done with them yesterday, so today is beer day, woowho!
I hear ya, I just finished up my antibiotics too.
I think I will have a Leinenkugels White Ale tonight.
The Sam Adams is there, but Mrs. Smiddy got me a few Schlafly Irish Stout Reserves, so I may have to drink a few of those instead.
Oh definitely go for the Schlafly, much better than the Sam Adams.
Well, I drank them both... Excellent beers BTW, I stayed up late playing Mario Kart until 2:30 am (I got up at 5:00 am) and had a few beers during my racing. I'm heading to the store to restock.
Hey... don't you know it's illegal to drink and drive.
I spend 90% of my money on women and beer. The other 10% I spend foolishly.
Oh crap, I guess they'll take my Mario Kart License.
You just summed up life! Cheers!
So, no body had a few brews for Saint Patty's day? I wish I had, but I was taking care of the kids. I will be going to the beer store after work tomorrow. I'll be looking for a Scotch Ale.
St. Andrew's Day is in November...
Had quite a few pints of Guinness(7) to celebrate the "Wearin of the green". Tonight I had a couple nice Atwater Block cherry stouts (much better than the reviews at BeerAdvocate.com IMO) followed by a Sierra Nevada smoked porter. Both were very enjoyable.
I don't think I've had 7 beers in an afternoon-evening since I was a young guy. Actually felt pretty good today, too!:hurah:
Keep an eye out for Oskar Blue's Old Chub Scottish ale. I love it!