BEIN SD/HD

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ronton3, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronton3

ronton3 AllStar

Mar 15, 2006
    I have BEIN so I can watch bike racing 871 is SD I get this, 9611 is HD and is in red, is there a difference and why do I not get 9611. Thanks ron

2. nmetro

nmetro Godfather

Jul 11, 2006
    Some possible explanations:

1. BEIN HD is on a satellite you do not have access to.
    2. You do not have the ability to receive HD.
    3. BEIN HD is in a higher tier than what you are paying for.
    4. BEIN HD is in the SportsPack.

One idea, is to reset your receiver to see if it may be something going on; especially if you recently upgraded your package.

You may want to chat with Customer Service to see what si going on. Especially if you have an HD receiver, you are getting other HD channels from the same satellite transmitting BEIN, and you are paying fro teh channel already.

3. Blueflash

Blueflash New Member

Jan 16, 2009
  4. ronton3

ronton3 AllStar

Mar 15, 2006
    I just spoke with an SC, she sent a signal to the smartcard and I now get the HD version, some kind of screw up. Thanks for the help, that James long list looks like a lot of work. ron

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    It would be helpful to know exactly what package you subscribe to, whether or not you subscribe to HD and what kind of dish you have.

beIN Sport HD appears on 72.7W and 129W so you need HD service and a DISH 1000 to get it.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    "Showing up in red" is a fairly good sign that one is getting the signal - just not the authorization. I'm glad that DISH was able to sort it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.