beIN Sports

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by thyname, Jun 28, 2015.

1. thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    I found out that even if I pay $15 to get the Sports Pack, I will get the beIN Sports English but not the Spanish version. That would require another $5 per month for the Directv Deportes. So a total $20 per month to get the two channels I used to get with Cox before. Bummer! Any way to get around this?

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Sure, subscribe to the Premier version of the Spanish package. Premier includes the sports pack and it will have BeIN en Espanol

3. thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    I am not Hispanic. The only reason to want both beIN Sports channels is soccer (Italian, Spanish soccer leagues). Hispanics are not the only population group watching soccer.

Ideally, after my first three months are over I would want the Xtra Package with Sports Pack add on, but that would not include the beIN en Espanol

4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    You don't have to be Hispanic to subscribe to the Spanish package. The Spanish Lo Maximo package includes all of the channels from 401 to 470, which has beIn Espanol (426/467) and its Copa America subchannel (467-1) and all of the Directv Deportes ($4.99 package) channels, 464-470. The Lo Maximo package also includes many/most of the English channels that you're used to from 202-379. Like peds said, Lo Maximo also includes the $14.99 Sports Pack channels (600s). Fees are the same. I think it's worth investigating for you, especially if you don't watch the missing English channels - you'd never know the difference! Here's the lineup to see exactly what it does include: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packages/base_packages.jsp?language=SPANISH&ACM=false&lpos=Header:3&_requestid=7021623language=SPANISH&ACM=false&lpos=Header:3&_requestid=7021623

(I assume that link will not display my locals from Boston and Burlington and it will show you yours or ask you to change the zip).

5. thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    I checked. This would have been a great idea but for some reasons they made the NBC Sports Network available only on their top tier. At the end of the three months, I plan to drop Premier and do Xtra plus Sports Pack. Thanks for the advice though

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Yes, that's why we said to get the Lo Maximo - it has everything, including premiums and the "English" sports pack included so you don't need to get it, en Espanol or Directv Deportes.

7. thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    The question then becomes: what is cheaper. Xtra Package + Sports Pack + Drectv Deportes VS. Los Maxima. It looks like the former. After my first three months are up, I don't care much for Premium channels.

8. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I completely understand that, and as ejbvt already mentioned, they wont ask you for your nationality to subscribe to Lo Maximo.

9. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Does anyone have a list made of channels in the 202-379 range that are not in Lo Maximo? I know locals, 400s, most of the 500s, and all 600s are included.

10. daniloni

daniloni Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    If you want a more affordable way to get both channels outside of directv, you can get a fubotv subscription which I think is $6.99 per month, which includes both BeIN channels, goltv and benfica TV. Not clear if it has any on demand or dvd functions, but you get access to the live feeds. Another negative compared to getting the channels on directv is that it doesn't give you access to overflow games on BeIN sports connect.

11. shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo AllStar

Jun 24, 2011
    Yeah but you need a special dish to get those channels though...

12. thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    I got that dish already. The same dish but different LNB