1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belden1694a and sns6 connectors...Good choice?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by trucker, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trucker

trucker Cool Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hello, I am in the process of installing new cable for hdtv and I was wondering what your thoughts were on my choice of cable 1694a and connectors sns6?

I plan on using the It1000 installation tool, Having never stripped/ instlled coax before is it fairly easy or am I gonna screw a few up until I get the hang of it?

thanks again.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I would highly recommend getting some extra connectors. If you've never done compression connectors before, you will probably want to do a few practice ones. If you have, but not with this type of cable and specific connector, ditto.

It's not hard, but even experienced installers screw up a connector once in awhile.

Not familiar specifically with the cable or connector, but what I saw on-line for spec looked just fine.

Carl

3. trucker

trucker Cool Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Update here. I just got my cable and connectors today an I'm very pleased with them...seems like good qaulity stuff. I scewed the first one up but then I got the hang of it and made some perfect cable. Anyone out there thinking about making cable but never have should go for it.
    -Eddie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.