1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benny Hinn

Discussion in 'The OT' started by MarkA, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I have a question for all the Christians and non-Christians out there. What do you think of Benny Hinn? I had ignored his existance until recently, but I started watching some of his television shows and reading some stuff about him. Personally, I'm half thinking he's fake and just trying to get money, but I'm also wondering if he could be for real?

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I think he's fake, just trying to make a quick buck

3. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Unfortunately, I think I might agree with you. I'm not sure yet, I mean, you never know!

4. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Unfortunately, if you're hungry for the word of God then TV is a bad place to look. Somebody really had a great site about him and other flase prophets. They took it down for some reason. I'll look for another one someday. This person had a webpage design business so maybe that hurt business a little? That site actually looked into their theology and stuff like that.

TBN and others like them God is probably money. The owner of TBN (The Crouches) live high on a hog and I think they're phoney.
    They wanted a bigger yard for their dogs so they bought a 3-story house that has 9 bedrooms, climate-controlled wine celler, pool with fountain, tennis courts, and a bunch of other goodies. They also own a home (10m) in Texas in a town that's one of the richest in the nation that they only visit 3 times a year. They also have luxery cars and the whole nine yards.

Actually, I heard somebody who worked for TBN say they were all phony. Somebody else say they (TV preachers) hire PR firms on how to dress, walk, what to say to be popular et cetera. And if you go along with what the TV Masters want then they will pave the way for your carreer. Of course this is only what I was told.

Benny Hinn and Pat Robertson both do business with China so that should tell you where their heart is. Hell, Pat Robertson is now tax-exempt in China who are the biggest persecuters in the world so that should tell you something. And he doesn't write his own books.

5. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Mark,

You really have to read the Bible yourself. I've been looking for somebody good to listen to for a long time and haven't found one yet. Some are decent for awile then I hear stuff that's not true.
    Then I have to ask myself are they just wrong or are they trying to be deceitful.

You can try www.christianmedianetwork.com and check them out.
    I just found them and have no opinion on how good or bad they are yet. I have no ide what they play on the weekends.

I also now listen to Texe Mars. I think I like him. He's on the shortwave on the weekends. I listen to him on 5.070 Sunday night from 10pm to 11:30PM. Shortwave seems to be better than the TV but there is a lot of danger out there to. It's irratating that there's nobody i can trust that I can listen to.

6. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    http://www.loriswebs.com/endtimeprophets/hinn.html
    http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/false.html

This one looks really good:
    http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/tbn.htm

http://www.inforamp.net/~mdcanada/false.htm

I have no idea how accurate these sites are but there are a ton of them about him. Over 900 results. From what I read he's a kook and the rest of the other TV preachers are also probably paving the road to hell. Billy Graham is another 33rd degree mason kook.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Rhodes/7895/aacults.html
    Good links page.

7. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
  8. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'd say that most TV preachers and professional wrestling probably have about the same amount of credibility.

9. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Amen, Brother!

10. ka7yak

ka7yak Mentor

Mar 24, 2002
    Several years ago my son and I would watch TV "healer" Ernest Angely on Sunday mornings. It was a great laugh, he was hillareous, especially when he popped people on the forehead and they fell to the floor, trance like. These folks should not be touted as preachers, but rather, entertainers. A lot like professional wrestling, only funnier.

11. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    The only TV preacher that I had any respect for is Billy Graham, partially because of the way he ran his ministry (completely open books, independent audits).

I've also watched bits and pieces of Benny Hinn, and he comes off to me as a charlitan and a snake oil salesman. Unfortunately, it's the few bad apples that gives religion a bad name. There are probably preasts, ministers, rabbis, and preachers who toil away quietly and practicing what they preach with little respect.

12. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Billy Graham is a false prophet and a 33rd degree Mason.
    Do a search and see for yourself. There's also a new book that's being surpressed called something like: Billy Graham and His Friends. I'm not going to argue about it as you can do the research yourself. I'm only giving you a warning. Some people think he's going to play a deceiving role in the endtimes but I never looked into it.

My advice to you is that if the world likes them then they are false because Jesus said that the world hates the saints.

Luke 6: 22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
    19: If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Billy Graham is not hated by the world. The world loves him and if you do the research you'll find out why.

13. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Gee Rage, I must be a good, saintly preacher, because you hate me. :lol:

14. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    I don't hate you. I just don't like you claiming to be a Christian and being a preacher who misleads possible saints. I'm sure nobody here hates you.

15. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Rage, I am a Christian. I have no doubts about that. I am misleading no one. That you don't agree with my interpretations and keep saying nasty things about me is mildly frustrating. But what is more troubling is your insistence on interpreting the Bible in the most critical and condemnatory way possible. Open your eyes and look at God's message to us in new ways. Stop being a Pharisee.

16. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    "Rage, I am a Christian. I have no doubts about that. I am misleading no one."

I know that you believe that with all your heart but your fruits are showing you are following another Jesus.

"That you don't agree with my interpretations and keep saying nasty things about me is mildly frustrating."

I'm not saying anything nasty about you. I'm telling the truth.
    The Bible clearly states His positions on what you don't condemn.
    I suggest that you ask him to open your heart and your eyes and start reading it again with a clear mind.

"But what is more troubling is your insistence on interpreting the Bible in the most critical and condemnatory way possible."

Come off it, Bogy, I quote who God says isn't going to inherit the kindom of Heaven and you write this nonsense! Your problem is with God, not me. I don't have any problem with God. If he says something I don't like then tough sh*t for me. I either listen to Him or pay the consequences.

Jesus told the adulterous to go and sin no more. You and most other preachers are not condemning sin like you should. The eternal salvation teachers are even worst by teaching them that you're saved no matter what and are giving the possible saints a license to sin. This is hogwash. Jesus demands his people to be Holy and righteous. He demands us to turn away from all sin.
    This message is not critical because it's what He wants and demands from us. He expects us to live at a very high standard even with our weak flesh.

"Open your eyes and look at God's message to us in new ways. Stop being a Pharisee."

No. The old way is fine. God says he never changes and he's the same as he was before making the earth.

17. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Am I the only one getting sick of all the religious talk?

Folks we are a DBS board not the First Chuch of Christ.

Thats my take on it anyways.

18. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Scott: You're free not to read these threads.

19. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    No Rage, he's not. He's a site administrator and it is his responsibility to read the threads. Personally, I wouldn't mind one thread talking about religion, but Rage, do you need to turn every thread into the same spiel?

20. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    "No Rage, he's not. He's a site administrator and it is his responsibility to read the threads."

You sound angry, Bogy. Scott can either quit being an admin, let others look at this forum, or tell me I'm not welcomed here.

"do you need to turn every thread into the same spiel?"

I don't turn every thread into that subject. I just had to rebuke the people who say there's nothing wrong with these dangerous chemicals when I know better. The only place where I may have been a little out of place was my 2 cents in the Tattoo Poll which didn't turn into everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.