best directv HD reciever

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ibooksrule, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibooksrule

ibooksrule Godfather

Feb 16, 2003
    i am getting ready to switch to directv from voom and i want to know other then the tivo HD which of course is great what would be the best HD directv receiver that i could get? what have you had the best luck with and least problems and what would be the best for picking up locals in HD?
    thanks

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    My personal choice would be Hughes HTL-HD, other good receivers Sony HD300 RCA-DTC210, Samsung TS-360 may have improved after latest software download.

3. deraz

deraz Daydreamer DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 25, 2004
    I just wanted to second the vote for the Hughes HTL-HD. I have used it for about 6 months. I couldn't be happier with the picture and sound qualities. My 3 boys have beaten on it numerous times and it has held up well. Plus, the remote is outstanding, fits well in your hand and is extremely easy to use without looking at the bottons.

Because I live in the middle of nowhere, I have not tried to pick up locals.

4. DBSPaul

DBSPaul Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 26, 2002
    I would put in a third on the HTL-HD. I'm not in a situation right now to get locals OTA, but when I was, it was consistently the best receiver - ahead of my HDTV and my HDTiVo in terms of being able to get and hold an OTA channel. In terms of the sat functions, it works just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.