Best forum for AT&T/Directv discussion & info?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by reber1b, Jan 5, 2018.

1. reber1b

reber1b Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    Hello. I've been absent for a while, and now thinking of going over to AT&T bundle with AT&T internet, home phone & mobile phone plus Directv. Looking through all the forums, I couldn't tell which is best for discussions involving such a transition. If anyone could steer me to the best forum(s) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    While I certainly don't know if it is the best, give DSL Reports a try. They might offer what you are looking for.

ISP discussion forums | DSLReports, ISP Information

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    If you have a Current D* account - I would advise against of doing any bundle - as it fook your account up and you will end up 2 groups trying to bill you and then one of them sending you to collections - DO NOT do it willing

4. rjhseven

rjhseven Cool Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Just left after 24 consecutive years with max package of Directv. Got Comcast. Equipment and interface is ages behind ATT/ Directv. Called att yesterday before I sent my equipment in. Arrogance at its finest. I WANTED TO GO BACK. Claim I owe $XXX WHICH IS BS. MY FICO score is 850. I sick of their persistent overbillings they will not correct. Going to contest it. Thinking of Dish so heading over their now.

5. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    You might want to look at using TiVo with Comcast. There are two different options for interfaces, TE 3 older and TE4 Hydra. Much faster then both X1 and DirecTV. I switched over a year ago and love my TiVo Bolt and 2 minis.

6. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Agree 100% on the Tivo. I don't have Comcast but I've had cable and a Tivo for over 15 years now. Currently have the Bolt running the "old" (TE3) interface and I love it. Very fast, great GUI, quite stable.

You will have rather poor PQ with Comcast since they overcompress everything to make room for more internet in areas where they offer gigabit service.

7. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019