Best Number to Call for ATT Loyalty Dept

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DirectMan, Nov 21, 2019.

1. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    My discount just rolled off this week so it is time for me to call to see if I can get a new rebate. I have been transferred to ATT billing from D* that I had last year. What is the best number for me to call to reach the ATT Loyalty department.

longhorn23 likes this.
  2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Doesn't seem to matter, you get nitwits on any number you call.

Rich

3. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    I called the main number and responded to the voice prompts with "cancel" and was transferred to Loyalty. Worked out fine 5 minutes on call $45 x 12 months I'm good for anther year.

SledgeHammer likes this.
  4. horace clark

horace clark New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Nicely done.

5. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    Perhaps I could have held out for a few more bucks other people have quoted $60 but the computer spits out the offer to the CSR based on the algorithm of your account profitability so difficult to buck the system. I also don't have the time to spend an hour on the phone or have to call back multiple times.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Wonderful, I'm jealous. Makes me want to make the call...almost.

Rich

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I decided to make the call: I'm on hold while the damn thing processes my phone number...now I'm waiting for someone to answer...I can hear people talking but nobody is talking to me...hanging up and trying again...just put in my phone number...being connected to someone who can help you...ringing...Marko is on the line...needs my phone number again...looking up my account...groaning...asks for password...more groaning...asks for the address...tells me his "program" is not going well...now he's looking for credits...tells me I've been with ATT for 17 years, tell him I certainly haven't...now he asks me how I'm doing...oh, goody...now I'm on hold again...why do I torture myself like this?...he's back and his system is down...he's apologizing as I hang up...wait...he asks me if I can call back...nope. End of conversation. AT$T truly sucks.

Rich

xrobmn and carlsbad_bolt_fan like this.
  8. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    Sounds like you are talking to front line CSR not Loyalty. You need to talk to the voice recognition system and mention "CANCEL" which will transfer you to Loyalty.

9. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Best to call on a weekday between 9-5.

10. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    DIRECTV AT&T Loyalty # 1 (866) 595-1331 you can thank me later.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    longhorn23 likes this.
  11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, let's see what that number does for me. Right off the bat I'm told to wait three minutes. Okay, I get that, it's Monday and they are busy...coming up on 3 minutes...not bad, little over 3 minutes...CSR won't stop talking...now I'm telling her my woes...now we are talking about dogs...stopped that and made her concentrate on credits...nothing. Waste of time, as usual.

Rich

12. bmetelsky

bmetelsky Cool Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Should've kept talking about dogs. Doesn't hurt to be friendly when you're asking for credits, or anything else for that matter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SledgeHammer likes this.
  13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Had a rather long conversation with her, I like talking about dogs. Had to keep steering her back to the reason for the call.

Rich

14. spiketoo

spiketoo Cool Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Seems to be part of their script now to make small talk. Rep started out talking about weather (which I normally start to schmooze!) then went all nerd on me and I think gave me the entire lineage of every Star Wars character. I felt woozy afterwards.

Call was just trying to follow-up on previous call - that deserves its own thread at some point.

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Happened to you, too? She seemed to be willing to BS with me as long as I was willing to stay on the line. I did pickup a good suggestion about cooking the turkey this week from her. She had read that placing a green apple and an onion inside the turkey would help with dryness. Also suggested liberally spreading cooking oil all over the turkey. I had read earlier in the day an article about liberally spreading mayonnaise over the turkey, that kinda nauseated me. Cooking oil seems more attractive. Never know what you're gonna pick up on one of these conversations. At least I got something out of the call.

Rich

16. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    You want a moist turkey? There's no solution better than the brine treatment.

Only moist turkeys w/o brining would be the deep-fried ones, and that comes with its own sets of problems (and fire hazards).

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Do tell us about that, I'm tired of dry turkey. I have no idea how to use brine. I bought a ham this year, just in case the turkey is dry.

Rich

18. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    All I know is that it's been done for our turkeys for quite a number of years (by a "foodie" family member).

I'm not up on all the details (I'm sure they can be researched) but my understanding is that you would want to be in the 11 to 14# range for the bird to start with.

Then it involves a five gallon bucket, thawed bird, water, salt and seasonings. Usually left to soak overnight in a refrigerated place like a large fridge (or a cold Northern garage or front stoop).

Then it's gotta be drained and patted-dry before roasting.

I can tell you that those drippings will make some of the best gravy (and there will be plenty of drippings, both in the roasting pan and on the cutting board).

Short of that there are "injection" kits available, which I think are even used on the deep-fried type.

But to get this back to topic, (and for me to be a smart a**) maybe one of those DirecTV reps could help someone out with more info...

Edit to add: Our birds have also always been traditionally stuffed as far back as I can remember.

Rich likes this.
  19. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Butterball has a Turkey Hotline. People call DIRECTV for other reasons. *THEY* need to stay on topic!

20. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    Are you sure she was in the Loyalty Department - I always ask the CSR that question early on in the call.