1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best place to buy a new 622?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by drillhead, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drillhead

drillhead Cool Member

Mar 24, 2007
    any suggestions?

2. Miner

Miner Legend

Oct 29, 2004
    Drillhead,

Costco, I believe still has them.

Miner

3. lionsrule

lionsrule Godfather

Nov 25, 2003
    from me

4. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    Try dishdepot.com if you want the 622 ,TAX FREE- if you don't live in Florida. Mark will allow trade ins toward the 622 as well which would bring down your purchase price. I have done business with him for 4 years and he has always paid for shipping and handeling -both ways if you do a trade in. He is great to work with. If you have any questions about a trade in you can email him on his website.

5. steelhorse

steelhorse Legend

Apr 27, 2004
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to lease one from dish?

6. drillhead

drillhead Cool Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Yes, however, if you are doing a self install, DISH will not lease one to you. So I'm looking to buy one and the hell with the lease.

7. tsduke

tsduke Godfather

Mar 20, 2007
    I'm curious, what are the advantages to buying a receiver? It's my understanding that you still pay the $5 per additional receiver fee.

8. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    The advantages is if it is the only receiver there is no $5.00 additional receiver fee. Actaully it is $6.00 for the hd receivers and $5.00 for the sd ones. The other advantages are you are not held to any commitments with Dish or any hd pack requirements. You can get just hd locals and your ota tuner enabeled for only the $6.00 hd enabeling fee. I OWN all of my 622s , a total of 3 on two different accounts. On my account I have the hd pack and AEP w locals. On my 2nd account at my parents I have top 250 w locals both sd and hd and the hd enabeling fee. I can also trade them in for the newer receivers to dishdepot.com or I could sell them on E-Bay for the most I can get.

9. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    Mike covered most all I can think of beyond the "self install wanted", but I'd add that owned receivers can be activated and deactivated whenever you want without fee. You can keep a 510 in a guest room and only activate it for a week when someone is visiting and pay 1/4 of the $5 Addl Rec and $5.98 DVR fee. Or deactivate it while some snowbird is in FL for months.

10. tsduke

tsduke Godfather

Mar 20, 2007
    Why does dishdepot say (No Lease Fee-No Contract) on most of the receivers?

11. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    Probably because you BUY Them instead of leasing directly through DISH. SInce you buy them there is NO commitment or contracts with DISH and you can leave at any time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.