1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Wireless Keyboard ?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Sleepybear, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Sleepybear

Sleepybear New Member

May 11, 2007
    Hi, I'm looking for a wireless keyboard setup that is very easy to set up and works well, any suggestions? Thanks

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I wooted a "Kensington Wireless Optical Desktop" (mouse, keyboard, wireless receiver) in June of 2005 and am still using it. It has worked fine since that time.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    If you also get a wireless optical mouse, make sure the mouse is of the
    rechargeable type. The laser on mine is always on and eats AA batteries.

A while back I looked for a w/l k/b w/built-in touchpad, but didn't find one.

4. Sleepybear

Sleepybear New Member

May 11, 2007
    Thanks to both of you. Richard is your mouse in the keyboard or separate, and if separate, is it a pain to use say sitting in a recliner?

5. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Separate items. I haven't used it in a recliner, but it's just like any other mouse. My mouse takes two AAA batteries. I keep several sets in my desk drawer ready for action. I use only rechargeable batteries.

6. Drewg5

Drewg5 Icon

Dec 15, 2006
    St. Louis
    I tend to like the stuff Logitech makes. Its been a long time I have looked becouse I'm still useing the ones I have from 6 years ago.

7. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    My Dell wireless keyboard and mouse both use AA batteries and the batteries last about 3-4 months. I use a lot of rechargables around the house but I get much better life with alkalines for this application.

8. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    I suspect that alkalines would last a bunch longer, but I have way too many rechargeables here so, every three days or so I swap out batteries. I have a box of about 20 of them sitting here waiting to be used. :lol:

9. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I've occasionally used my optical mouse on fabric with good results, much better
    than a wired mouse. Since you mentioned your recliner (man after my own heart),
    make sure what you get has sufficient range for your setup. Mine is good up to 6'.

10. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    In our household, we have wireless keyboard/mouse combos by Belkin, Logitech and Microsoft. My primary computer is currently using the Microsoft combo and the Logitech is on my secondary system. I much prefer the Logitech. The Microsoft keyboard has more bells and whistles, but I'm not happy with the mouse -- particularly the scroll wheel. In general, the Logitech combo feels better all around. My son and daughter in-law have the Belkin combo and are content with it.

11. Sleepybear

Sleepybear New Member

May 11, 2007
    Thanks Nick, Yes I've gotta back problem so I can't sit more than 10 mins. in a regular chair anymore. Can you recommend a good brand? I would like the keyboard to have a mouse built in or at least a space on the keyboard where you can roll the mouse. If you think it works fine on say just a pant leg that'd be OK too, as long as you can do everything with it.

12. Sleepybear

Sleepybear New Member

May 11, 2007
    Thank yiou Cholly, What's the model name or number of the logitech? And is the mouse built in to the keyboard? Thanks

13. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Logitech makes several keyboard/mouse models in several rice ranges. I got mine at Wal-Mart a few years back and don't recall the model number. The mouse is a separate optical mouse.