Better picture on TV2

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by gcotterl, Dec 28, 2019.

1. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    I have an HDMI cable running from the HDMI Output on my vIP622 DVR to TV1.

I have a coax cable running from the HOME DISTRIBUTION coaxial port on the DVR to TV2. Can I replace the coax cable with a HDMI cable? Into what port do i plug that HDMI cable?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The second output does not support high definition.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    As James stated - the TV2 output is strictly analog NTSC Standard definition, whether you display through the coax or via the composite video / analog stereo audio outputs. The Sat tuners (both) DO support HD, so you could record TV1 and TV2 both in HD. This line of receivers will do a pretty good job of down-rezzing the HD to SD, so it should be the best looking SD you will ever see on Dish.

One plus of the Hopper / Joey product line is that every Joey can display at least hdtv via HDMI (the Hopper itself also has component video available). Both Hopper and Joey can also display analog 480i NTSC audio/video should the display device not have HDTV inputs.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    And if the problem is NOT that it is SD instead of HD, please define what the problem really is....