Beware of automated phone system

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Grampa67, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    My daughter arranged to up grade a 522 to a 722 and was told their would be no charge. It was scheduled for tuesday and she could not get off work so she called to rescedule. They have speech recognition now and it seemed to respond very well and repeated that some one would show between 8 am to 5 pm on thursday. She called at 4:45 pm and the recording said that she was still on for someone to show. She called at 5:30 pm and was routed to a csr who said their was no schedule for her account and would have to start from scratch. Se told them she wanted to upgrade to a HD dvr and was told that she would get a 622. She said she wanted a 722 and was told their wasn't much difference between the two. When she asked about the recording time she was told "yea their is a littel difference" but you dont qualify for a 722. She then asked what it would cost ror a 722 intead of a 622 and was told she couldn't have one.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Well it sounds like you have a lot of choices. Call Directv. Accept what DISH is offering. Call call call until you get someone who will give what you want, then hope it actually arrives.

Or keep the status quo and continue enjoying the 522.

3. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    The clincher is their automated robot that doesnt work. I dont think the csr believed that my daughter actually had an appointment. I tried to encorage her to play csr roulet...well see

4. aquaman67

aquaman67 Mentor

Nov 16, 2005
    That's odd.

I called last week and was offered a 622. I said sure.

I got a 722K.

I think it's hit or miss.

Has she tried a local retailer? She might have better luck.

5. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    I believe both 622's and 722's are out of production. But of course they have a lot of left overs, mostly remanufactured. But if the local installer doesn't have one they are normally authorized to use what the do have, such as the 722k.

6. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    It turns out that my grandaughter met a lady at her music lesson who worked for D* and she told her the story. After a few phone calls they had a install scheduled the next day. Her order was still in the computer so the csr didn't know what she was doing.
    The did get a 722 as the 622 is in short supply.

7. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    D* = DirecTV
    E* = Echostar (Dish)