Beware of Hopper Duo.

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by cloudtamer, Apr 26, 2019.

1. cloudtamer

cloudtamer Cool Member

Feb 20, 2007
    So, we are coming back to Dish from (Shudder) Cable (Spectrum). We got a great deal in the mail to get us to come back, and Charter was going to severely hike our rates.

Dish installed a Hopper Duo, and it was not what we were expecting. We had to get dish back out here and install a hopper 3.

FYI on Hopper Duo. It only records 2 shows, there is no Auto-Hop or PrimeTime Anytime. There is only 2 tuners and that's it. Basically, it's a castrated Hopper.

So if you have had Hopper in the past, and expect the Hopper Duo to do everything a Hopper, Hopper Sling (2) or Hopper 3 did you are mistaken.

Get this, if the sales agent or installer would have brought this up, instant upsell!

Luckily Dish came back out 2 days later and got the right hopper in.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    You're sure about the no PTAT ? If you're correct, then of course you did what you should have.

3. cloudtamer

cloudtamer Cool Member

Feb 20, 2007
    OH YES!!! It was nowhere in the settings. When you did a voice command to get to PTAT (a bug I found), and tried to activate it, it would go back to "OFF" again in the settings.
    I had a tech on the phone, and he told me that the Duo does not split the last tuner into PTAT Super Tuner like on all the hoppers.

So yes, there is no PTAT on the Duo.

4. cloudtamer

cloudtamer Cool Member

Feb 20, 2007
    So basically all of the software is there for PTAT, but they hampered the hardware. It's like a Hopper "lite"