1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Big Brother' Ratings May Spur New Shows

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by John Corn, Sep 16, 2002.

1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    With ratings for "Big Brother 3" soaring to new heights this summer, CBS has quietly begun searching for contestants for "Big Brother 4" -- and exploring the idea of a celebrity edition of the hit show.

Late last week, CBS posted a notice on its CBS.com Web site calling for applicants for a "BB4" to take place in summer 2004. A brief TV ad hyping the start of auditions also aired on last Thursday's live episode of the series.

Full Story

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    For some reason, I am really enjoying BB this year. I like the cast and it's really quite fun watching the live internet feeds. I have considered signing up for BB4 but the $500,000 grand prize is not enough. To this day I still don't understand why the prize for BB can't be a cool million just like survivor.

3. Ontarian

Ontarian Guest

BB is a great show for the summer and it should stay that way. Its really cheap for CBS to produce and garners good ratings. I'm sure its a financially lucrative show for them. I dont think the ratings though would hold up during the regular season. Lets leave a good thing alone, no overkill like they did with Millionaire.