Billing question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by drew64, May 5, 2020.

1. drew64

drew64 Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    Hi. Wanted to ask a question about my latest bill which is 131 dollars more than last months. So I was having an issue with signal in bedroom end of March. Could not get through to any reps as line was busy or wait too long. Finally got frustrated and sent e mail to office of president and got a response via phone call. He set up tech to come out and even waived the 99 dollar fee. So everything working great ( wires were rotted outside and water in switch). Saw credit on bill figured good. This month I see the 99 charge on bill again. I call rep. Says that the 99 dollars was credited to my feb bill so I only payed 49 dollars that month. I said great then why is it back on my bill and why is my bill 279. So she checks and says you got credit and this is now a wash. I don’t understand there logic. I checked my bills. The credit went for some reason to my feb bill which made it like 49 dollars for the month. Now it seems they are putting the 99 dollar one time charge back on and telling me it zeros out because I only paid 49 dollars that month. Normal I pay 121. I have a discount of 45 off a month for 12 months that ends 5/10. So I see the pro rated fee for that in may and I see a 20 dollar return fee for a dvr they sent me that I didn’t use because later found out dvr was not the issue. Still that 99 dollars is not explained. Am i missing something ?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Go online and log into your account and check things like Activity / Transactions, My Equipment. See if the number and model of receivers that you actually have is correct on the web.
    You should be able to see charges and credits and hopefully they are labeled as to what they are for.
    Then with that info you can probably point out their error to them.
    Good luck.

3. drew64

drew64 Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    They are all correct. The one time fee was waived for one month and added back on the next the way I see it

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Sounds like the credit the Office of the President gave you hit your bill before the charge did.

So if you got a -$99 one month and then a +$99 the next month, it is a 'wash' and you got the service call, as promised, for free.

Ideally, you'd like to see both the charge and credit for a $0.00 charge in the same month.

compnurd likes this.
  5. drew64

drew64 Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    Yes it looks that way. I don’t know I’d just thought ok I won’t see that 99 on my bill again. If they took if off a bill why put it back in the next months bill

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I’d guess the credit was given on the day you called but the charge is done on the day they come out and those two days fell within two different billing cycles.