DBSTalk Forum banner

Bills Game near unwatchable...

1K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  kevinwmsn 
#1 ·
As if the team's play wasn't bad enough, the signal today was awful.
Clear sky, no dish obstruction (I've happily had D* & NFLST for 10 years), but today's picture got literally unwatchable with the pixelation.
I had to switch to SD, and HD game mix to watch.
Anyone one else experience this today?
It eventually went away late in the 3rd quarter.

#2 ·
It was unwatchable, but for reasons unrelated to the signal... sigh...

#3 ·
I'm in WNY, and watched on the local CBS station (channel 4 in Buffalo) via D*. I didn't see any problems with the signal, only with the play. I think they're just trying to make it easier for us to accept when Ralph Wilson dies and the team is sold (and most likely moved).

#4 ·
I watched it via ST in HD and the PQ was fantastic the entire game, well at least until late in the 4th quarter when I switched to some better games.

#10 ·
taz291819 said:
I noticed during a national commercial break that the top 1" of the screen was screwing up. It kept doing it for about a second or two when it came back to the game, but then cleared itself up.
Yep, that's all I saw too.

#11 ·
Watched the game on ST and it was fine. Do you have the ability to view the game on an OTA? The reason I ask is that the PQ coming from my local CBS OTA broadcast sucks. Not so much pixelating as artifacting. Football games are nearly unwatchable. Any wash or transition with the CBS logo is horrid (like when they do replays).

I have contacted my local station and they are "working on it". All broadcasts are affected, but it is most noticeable while watching sports. The Directv broadcast is exactly the same as the OTA broadcast. Which makes sense since I am told Directv picks up the OTA feed and then sends it out.

I guess the point is that before you start driving yourself crazy, make sure the feed from the station itself is clear and crisp.:)

#16 ·
hdtvfan0001 said:
I read the heading like you did....prompting the question....was he talking about the team or the broadcast. :D
I couldn't help my instantaneous response either. I just knew he meant something else, but I couldn't stop myself from assuming the most likely failure point...the team.:)

#17 ·
I agree with the unwatchable part. Especially Bud Adams special 'finger' after the game. lol

Yes, it was a terrible feed. Watching the game via OTA isn't possible as we usually start watching games about 90 minutes after they start to avoid any & all commercials.

#18 ·
homebase said:
I agree with the unwatchable part. Especially Bud Adams special 'finger' after the game. lol

Yes, it was a terrible feed. Watching the game via OTA isn't possible as we usually start watching games about 90 minutes after they start to avoid any & all commercials.
The AM21 is supported on the HR2x HD DVRS to allow OTA reception.

I still remember the Double Barrol salute that Brian Cox gave to the Bills fans many years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.