1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Widow spider found in grapes

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dpeters11, Dec 6, 2012.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Organic foods--what a frickin' scam that is.

People who buy such overpriced stuff ought to be made to watch that Penn & Teller Bulls--t! episode where they did an exposé on organic foods.

BTW, Black Widow spiders are not normally found in Connecticut. Now that her boyfriend released this one into their yard, I'd love to see the thing reproduce and spread its progeny through the Nutmeg State and New England. That'd be cool. !Devil_lol

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I found one recently behind a piture in our kitchen! Strange...

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Fortunately the only thing I've run into around my house is a Gartner Snake, who actually does have venom technically, and common spiders.

5. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Now we just have to wait for the "traditional" lawsuit follow-up story...

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It honestly doesn't sound like this particular person is the lawsuit type for this situation.

7. hancox

hancox Godfather

Jun 23, 2004
    I hope they take over your crappy hayseed redneck HOA woods first, please, thankyouverymuch :)

8. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    When I was living in Florida 2001-2006) it was nothing to see Geckos, Anoles and Tree Frogs taking strolls inside my house. I'm not writing about a hovel. It was a very nice house which I kept very clean. I didn't mind those types of visitors, I would just catch the critters and release them outside. What I didn't like was the occasional Scorpion that would hide inside shoes (much like the Brown Recluse Spider here in Missouri), crawling up the wall and floors. Those varmints were dealt with a swift and lethal blow. Shoe shaking was a morning ritual.

9. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Neither was the infamous McDonald's hot coffee lady...until....the lawyers got to her. :D

In the mean time...the spider lady had the potential for a pretty cool "pet".