1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackhawks Win The Cup

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by sigma1914, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jun 9, 2010 #1 of 13
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Congrats Hawks and their fans here. (See, us Red Wings fans have class.) :)

2. Jun 9, 2010 #2 of 13
    spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Again with spoilers in the title?

3. Jun 9, 2010 #3 of 13
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Seriously? You are going to gripe on this one..
    If you are on the internet for more then 5 minutes right now... Facebook, Twitter, MSNBC, ESPN, CNN, and anywhere... you are gonig to know who one.

And really anyone that is worried about being spoiled on it... was watching or listening.

4. Jun 9, 2010 #4 of 13
    Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I always like it when one of the original six win it all.

5. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, Earl I am and always will when it comes to sports spoilers in titles on a forum where 95% of the people use DVR's.

Personally, it wasn't spoiled for me, but it could have been - I don't go to facebook, twitter, msnbc, espn, cnn or anywhere else that it could be spoiled. When I'm time delaying a game I check my mail and visit a few forums. I've been on the internet for the last hour and this is the only place I've seen the results of the game.

Posting spoilers in titles is rude, plain and simple. Always has been, always will be. The title could have just as easily been generic.

In fact, there was a time on this forum, where as soon as this type of thing was spotted, a Mod would change the title. I guess those days are gone.

6. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Godfather

Feb 17, 2006
    I agree with spartanstew on this.

7. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    People have gotten completely carried away with all of the whining about spoilers. There are 2 instances where you don't post spoilers: 1. When the episode or event has yet to air in all time zones. 2. When discussing an ending to a movie.

If you don't want to know the results of a sporting event then stay off the internet or at least avoid sites that have even a remote possibility of revealing a result. This whole business about telling people to not post spoilers is self-centered and shows that the person whining about the "spoiler" is unwilling to take accountability for putting themselves in a position to have seen a result.

8. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Congrats to the Blackhawks. Great to see an original 6 win the cup and I am happy for Hossa.

9. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    That's the key: A forum where the majority of users have DVR's and time shift their viewing should be one of the places that doesn't reveal spoilers. If not here, then where?

10. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Absolutely thrilled the Hawks won the cup.

I wonder, however, if there has ever before been a Conn Smythe winner who finished the playoffs with a Plus Minus of -1.

11. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    The only thing I can figure is there was no clear standout so they gave it to the young captain? Usually the goalie would win in that case. What a finish. Where's the puck?

12. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I fudged up, sorry. I've even gotten on to others for the same thing. My bad.

13. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Toews stood out in so many ways.
    He had 29 points for the playoffs.. tied the franchise record.
    But he, as one of the key players... is on the ice so much, the +/- is going to be skewed. This was a very high scoring final series... with much of the Blackhawk scoring being done on the 3rd and 4th line.

But Toews had a noticeable impact in nearly every game. Even last night, his hard work and play setup the first goal.

And given all that... no one in Chicago would have argued if Niemi had gotten it either...

You can make an argument for a lot of differnet players:

Kane... without him making that goal against Nashville with 10seconds left... who knows if the Hawks move on and even get to the finals, let alone his series winning shot... he was only 1 point behind Toews at 28.

Big Buff... he dominated in the Sharks series, he is the primary reason why the Hawks swept that series.... and then he dominated game 5 of the final series.

Hossa, while not putting much in the net... his stick work and other actions, were worthy. his Penalty Killing was pivotal to the entire playoffs especially in the lopsided early games of this final series.

Keith... the man lost 7 teeth... and almost logged the most ice-time of anyone on the Blackhawks.

There was no one player that seperated himself from the rest that it was a no-brainer... So yes, some of the decision probably was that he is the young face of the franchise and the league, and he is the captain of a truely team victory.