1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blockbuster at home?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dttruax, Mar 24, 2013.

1. dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    Just realized on my bill that I'm being charged for Blockbuster @ home. What exactly am I getting for that $10? From what I can tell, I can have DVD's sent to me, etc., but I already use Netflix for that. Besides that and the 3500+ "free" movies I can stream via my DVR screen (which I am still up in the air as to whether I will even view any of those since most of them are pretty old), what else is included? Just wanting to find if the extra $10/month is worth it before I cancel the service.

2. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
  3. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    IMO, the blockbuster package is worth it just for the channels it includes, about 20 of them, mostly movie channels (including Epix). The DVD's and streaming is just a bit of extra gravy. The channels are between 361 and 388 on your guide.

4. dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    Thanks. We do watch a lot of those movie channels from time to time. Guess we need to decide if it's worth the $10/month.

5. Mojoe376

Mojoe376 New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Yes, As others have said you are really paying for the other channels. Blockbuster is a so called freebee! But with that being said I would keep my Netflix. I have both and there is no comparison. NetFlix out performs blockbuster 7 to 1.

6. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    I stopped paying for Blockbuster@Home when my fourth Blu-Ray in a row failed to play properly. At a movie/week, I figured I was paying double what RedBox costs me, and I've never had a problem playing a RedBox disc. The movie channels weren't worth much to me, I think I watched 3 movies on Epix in 4 months.

7. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Well I'm on my 2nd round of getting BB for 1/2 price f/6 months. I do like the channels, but since I have NO interest in DVD's &/or other streaming, it would NOT be worth $10/month for me. I told them this when I was going to shut it off, & they gave me the 1/2 price deal again.

8. DoyleS

DoyleS Icon

Oct 21, 2002
    El Dorado...
    Typically when BluRays don't play it is because they are dirty, they seem to be much more sensitive than standard DVDs most likely due to the tighter laser tracking required. I have had a number of disks from BB that do not play or that hang up in the middle. The solution is to pull them out and look at the disk to see if it has greasy finger prints. A gentle washing with warm water and a drop of dishwashing soap cleans them up followed by drying with a lint free towel. In the end they all played faultlessly after cleaning.