1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster @ Home problems

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by RV Traveler, Jul 10, 2012.

1. RV Traveler

RV Traveler Cool Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Am I the only one having problems with Blockbuster @ Home? My Que has been dormant for the last month. I have received only one movie by mail during the month of June, and nothing so far in July, despite quick returns.

Tried to call but gave up after 30 minutes on hold. Unacceptable!

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I didn't get any disc's for over a full week in June, I posted on the Blockbuster@Home site twice and started getting disc's again. I no longer get e-mails any longer. There is a known issue posted on another site, don't believe it has been fully resolved.

3. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    Hi, we do apologize for the issues with the Blockbuster queues. We recently moved the servers from Texas to Colorado and there have been some reported issues with account. Please call Blockbuster at 1-866-692-2789 and report the problem so they can resolve the issue. Thank you!

4. AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie Icon

Jul 27, 2004
    I for one have called (see my other post in this forum), but nothing has come of it other than it now taking one to one and a half weeks for disc turn arounds -- something that used to take 3 days tops before the relocation / consolidation "enhancements" were made... :rolleyes: If it continues like this for much longer, it may lead to questioning the wisdom of having the BB addon... :mad:

5. n-spring

n-spring Legend

Mar 5, 2007
    I stopped getting the usual email alerts...

6. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    I stopped getting the usual email alerts also

7. hasbeen29650

hasbeen29650 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2012
    No email alert but my latest disk arrived just about when expected.

8. gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat AllStar

May 11, 2007
    I have stopped getting email alerts too. In addition, the last two times return of in-store rentals have not triggered the online disk to get shipped out. Twice I have had to call, endure a 30 minutes hold time and get the online disk shipped. I did get a coupon for a free in-store rental but renting a new movie with that coupon means a one day or two day return which I dislike. I like watching movies on my time.
    I am surprised as to how merely moving servers can cause so many problems.

9. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    been too busy to use it anyway, but definitely noticed the lack of email confirmation when we did return/receive.

not a good omen.

10. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Started getting email notifications again, only thing is I am getting them AFTER the movie has arrived. 2 days after.

11. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    my email notifications have resumed all of a sudden, and they seem to be timely too.

Huh.

:whatdidid

12. gamingneeds

gamingneeds New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I've been having no problems here on the West Coast... :confused:

13. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I started getting my e-mail notifications again this week.

14. palerider

palerider AllStar

Mar 20, 2007
    +1 for no email notifications on the West coast, zip 91701. Last email was 6/4/2012 even though I have received and returned at least 10 movies since that date.

15. n-spring

n-spring Legend

Mar 5, 2007
    Email notfications have started again for me, although out of sequence. I guess the mail server is catching up??? I also noticed that the last alert was in a new HTML format with a lot more detail to it.

16. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    For me, I never got any of the e-mails that were skipped.

17. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Can I stream bb to my computer with blockbuster @home ? I went to the bb web site and I can add dvd's to my que but when i try to stream their is an extera charge.

18. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    BB@Home is only for the dvd selection. To view online, go to DishOnLine.com.

19. dakeeney

dakeeney Legend

Aug 29, 2004
    I emailed BBV that I have gotten three BR discs in a row freezing up and with pixelation problems and said the next time I got one I was going back to Netflix. Don't know what their problem is.

20. vahighland

vahighland Cool Member/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2005
    It's been two in a row for me. And I have two blu-ray players including a PS3, so I know it's not my hardware.