1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloomington Il. Install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by DtvSlave, Oct 25, 2008.

1. DtvSlave

DtvSlave Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    What is needed (dish wise) for an HD Install in Bloomington Il.? Is it just a Slimine looking at the 99, 101, 103, 110, 119 or do I need a second dish looking in another location for the locals?

2. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Well if you wait until AFTER your locals are (tentatively) launched in Nov, you will only need the slimline for ALL your locals (HD or SD only locals). But if you get it done before your HD locals are launched & you do NOT put up the 2nd (72.5) dish, you won't get ANY of your locals, period.

I assume you saw this regarding the timetable for your locals:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...unch-schedule-november-march.html#post1560795

3. DtvSlave

DtvSlave Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    Actually, i missed that link. I don't live there, i live in Northern Indiana, but i am driving there to do a large 4 day install and not being familiar with the area i thought i should find out what dish(s) i would need before i left.

Thanks for the info.

4. dkouz

dkouz AllStar

May 5, 2007
    I'd like to know what that is all about, like how on earth it could take 4 days to do one D* install.

5. DtvSlave

DtvSlave Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    It's a Comm. install. Not just doing the receivers, but the tv's, phone, internet and pos systems. Since i left the HSP and started my own install company i do more than just Directv. I also do Dish Network, and full A/V installs.

6. Elephanthead

Elephanthead Legend

Feb 3, 2007
    I would think a proper dtv install of four receivers, OTA and cat5 and telephone fished through the walls instead of the usual DTV hack job could easily take 4 days on a large house. If you going to put one screw in the dish, toss the wire over the roof and drill a hole through the wall and leave the wire draped across the floor, you could probably get in and out in the 10 minutes dtv says it should take.