1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu Ray Lan Connection

Discussion in 'Blu-Ray Hardware' started by PK6301, Jun 20, 2013.

1. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I have 2 blu ray players in my home. The one in the living room is hooked up wireless to my router, but the one in my sons room would need a LAN connection. Is it possible to hook up his player wirelessly without having to run 100 feet of LAN cable ? His player is a Sony BDP-S185, and my wireless router is a Netgear N 300 WNR2000. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Use a wirelss game adapter or wireless bridge.

3. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Thank You for your replies...They where very helpful. That was exactly what I was looking for.

4. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    UPDATE:
    I purchased Netgear WNCE2001 for $49. I installed it yesterday and it works like a champ so far.. Thanks for all the help..

5. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    You're welcome; anytime.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I actually have the BDP-BX18 (which is Sam's Club's version, the only difference is with the Sam's model it comes with an HDMI cable in the box)... but I connect mine to a landline, so I wasn't sure what kind of WIFI adapter would work with it.

7. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    What do you mean you connected a "landline"? I think you meant to say LAN (Local Area Network) cable; as landline refers to a POTs (Plain Old Telephone) line style service.

At any rate, any of the above mentioned Wi-fi adapters will work to connect wirlessly. All they to is convert a Wifi Signal to a standard Ethernet jack for connection of Ethernet enabled devices which is exactly what you want.

Now if you already have a "LAN" line connected from your router or switch/hub to your Blu-ray player, there would be no benefit (other than potential cosmetic cleanup of removing the existing LAN wire from the equation).

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    yeah... I was just throwing in some "slang" from the "olden" days of landline vs cell phones... equating direct wired connection to the LAN with "landline"...