1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue 'P' shield-like icon in Hopper Guide?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by LG811User, Aug 25, 2013.

1. LG811User

LG811User Legend

Jan 11, 2005
    Does anyone know what the Blue 'P' shield-like icon in the Hopper Guide signifies?

It appears in the top right of the tiles next to the "HD" and "NEW" icons

Thanks!

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Do you mean the DVR "My Recordings" listing? The shield-P indicates a protected recording (i.e. one that will not be automatically deleted by the receiver if your hard drive gets full). I have never seen this indicator on the Guide.

3. LG811User

LG811User Legend

Jan 11, 2005
    Yes in "DVR My Recordings", thanks!

I had never noticed it before because I never protect anything. I think the Hopper did this automatically when I transferred everything from the EHD (I just completed a Hopper --> HWS upgrade)

4. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... all of the ViP receivers and now the Hopper do this when you archive stuff to an EHD. Whenever you restore anything from an EHD it gets marked "protected" by default.

FYI, you can still delete them without un-protecting them... the "protection" is just for IF your DVR starts to get full and it needs to make room for a scheduled recording, it will not delete anything marked as protected.

5. LG811User

LG811User Legend

Jan 11, 2005
    Thanks Stewart,

It's also pretty easy to "Edit" "Select All" "Unprotect"

6. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    True. Once I learned I could delete them without un-protecting them I went back to ignoring whether they were protected or not... but as you discovered it is pretty easy to un-protect them all at once.