1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue tooth suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Nabisco, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Aug 2, 2010 #1 of 11
    Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    Well i have been thinking that i want to get a bluetooth and i have heard some of the other techs say that there is a difference and comfort level? Just looking for some input.... thanks in advance!

2. Aug 3, 2010 #2 of 11
    Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    a blutooth what?

headphone/mic for your ipod, cell or other mp3 device?

a blutooth car kit?

a blutooth keyboard, mouse or combination of both?

If your asking about a headset, then you need to ask yourself if you want mono or stereo. You'll also need to contimplate on "in ear" or "on ear" headphones styles (it's all a matter of user confort which no one can dictate but yourself.

I chose to purchase the Motorola MOTOROKR SD9-HD unit. They feel comfortable and have a great sound. They come with 3 sets of in ear multiple size adapters to select from. Easy to operate and all controls are on the headphoens themselve such as volume up and down, skip forward and reverse, mute, answer call, pause and play etc.... they work well for active lifestyles and can be worn while walking, runing, etc.... I picked mine up at frys for $79 and worth every penny....

3. Aug 3, 2010 #3 of 11
    Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    yep for the phone, thanks

4. Aug 4, 2010 #4 of 11
    Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I have a little Samsung WEP470 in-ear headset that works quite well. I got mine through Woot!, but it's available from Amazon for $20.
    Amazon has a wide variety of Bluetooth headsets in all price ranges. You can check customer reviews, which are generally quite informative and frank concerning fit, battery life, comfort and sturdiness. One nice feature of this headset is the fact that it has an on/off switch rather than a button. Talk time is listed as being 6 hours and standby time as 150 hours. Voice clarity is very good.

5. Aug 4, 2010 #5 of 11
    JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
  6. Aug 4, 2010 #6 of 11
    Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    when you say in ear, you mean like a earplug? that seems like a nuisance and unconformable!?

7. Aug 4, 2010 #7 of 11
    LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
  8. Aug 4, 2010 #8 of 11
    Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    It depends on personal preferance and also the style. Most in-ear style plugs frustrate the hell out of me; however the way the ROKR fits/sits is totally different. It's held on by the way its designed rather then by shoving something in your ear canal.

Take a look:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They also come in a variety of colors (black, red, white, etc) to suite an individuals cosmetic taste....

Here's a fairly good review you may want to look at:
    Code:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/05/treo_a2dp_stere/comments/page/3/

9. Aug 4, 2010 #9 of 11
    Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Not really. The in ear bluetooth headsets generally have an over the ear hook that supports the headset and the earpiece doesn't really go into the ear canal, but sits in the outer portion of the ear. Compare this to "over the ear" headsets, which have traditional earphone construction. My Samsung isn't at all uncomfortable once the ear hook is adjusted properly.

10. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    well I went to Best buy and got one! just to try it out and its a Jabra i got it on sale and i have to say i LOVE IT!!!! SO MUCH EASIER!!!! now i have both hands free to work or drive, the only thing i dont like is how it just rings if i want to c who is calling i have to look at the phone :( i saw there were a few kinds that can tell who was calling but i wasnt spending that much on something that i wasnt sure about, defiantly worth the money... thanks for the input!

11. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    got away from bluetooth headsets, seems like I always had problem with them. Currently back to a wired headset made by iASUS for my iphone the 500K. I like the quality of the sound and the fact it is a little less visible then a bluetooth unit.

Learned about them when I did some contract work for a security firm.