1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boardwalk Empire Season Finale 12/02/2012

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by oldschoolecw, Nov 30, 2012.

1. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    What a great season it has been, and it comes down to an all out battle.

Who will survive?

Bobby Cannavale as Gyp Rossetti has to be one of the greatest villains on TV in many years

What will happen to Richard Harrow?

Will Nucky Thompson owe Al Capone his life?

[YOUTUBEHD]8E1QUpNkHag[/YOUTUBEHD]

2. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I can't wait til Sunday night !

3. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    This show is awesome!.

Everyone has been telling me for the last 2 years , that I would love this show.
    I kept saying yea yea yea. Well 2 weeks ago I saw Directv had all the episodes On Demand, so I downloaded all of them 2 weeks ago and watched everyone.
    Fantastic.
    Right now this program is the only reason I subscribe to HBO.

4. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Ditto,its the only reason I have HBO.I plan on removing it Monday morning.

5. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    This really is a great show. Hate to see the season end but I'm looking forward to season 3. This has been the best season so far IMHO.

6. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Game of Thrones is AWESOME as well, but it doesn't pick back up until March 2013

7. Dec 3, 2012 #7 of 27
    djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    That was a heck of a send-off to next year....

8. Dec 3, 2012 #8 of 27
    dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Can't wait for it to come back. Called after the show to cancel HBO, will pick it up again when True Blood and Newsroom come back.

9. Dec 3, 2012 #9 of 27
    Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Ditto,I just did the same thing.

10. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    What a great season! Empire has turned into a must see series.

11. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    +1.

12. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    What a great season finale, Richard Harrow is a one eyed bad ass.

13. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Gyp was one of the best nutcases I've seen anywhere on tv in ages.Would it be too much to ask that he survived his stabbing & came back in season 4 to haunt Nucky ??That would be a bit of a stretch eh ? <lol>

14. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I was wondering where his character was going.I like him.I hope he has a larger role next season

15. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If he is that good of a shot with one eye, his sni

16. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    What's the deal with wifey? The encounter did not seem to shut out the possibility of a return to Nucky. Thoughts? I guess the blood was just the aftermath of the abortion.

Also was the Richard Harrow child delivery supposed to be the end, or was there some daylight for them? Love how the dad now has total respect for him!

Were those 2 dope buyers fake agents, or real agents in the pocket of Rothstein?

Why would Mellon trash his own distillery by calling the feds in on Rothstein? Why wouldn't he just call in a hit on Nucky for failing to run it properly as he had agreed? That was very confusing. Mellon wouldn't take orders from Nucky, so I'm lost as to his motivation.

Why did the other two of Gyp's men stand idly by while the one sellout guy from the closet shived him?

I'm guessing Capone's slaughter of Massaria's men is the beginning of a big Chicago power play by him.

Why did Chalky assume Nucky could just give him the blown-up club on the Boardwalk? Nucky was clear: "How can I give you what I don't own?"

And too bad we didn't get an update on the fallen agent-turned-iron-salesman. He is one creepy character.

17. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I'll take a stab at them...

1) Margaret? I think it foreshadowed a return on her part but with tension and regrets. remember, she had an abusive husband and learned "survival instincts".

2) Dope agents. Who knows? They could be real or on the take or completely phony. Could be bigotry involved (wanting to keep the Jewish guy down) See Season 3.

3) Mellon. Remember - they thought they were setting up *Nucky*. They were working against him - I was *shocked* when mellon called Nucky to 'give' him the distillery. The fact that Nucky a) Had Doyle over there (who got 11 of his men killed in Tabor Heights) and b) left Rothstein holding the bag (after Arnold refused to help Nucky go after Gyp) looks like a pure genius series of moves.

4) Gyp's henchmen. When Massarillo pulled out, they knew the writing was on the wall. They were smart enough to NOT get in the way of the hitman.

5) Capone. I'm thinking you're right.

6) Chalky knows that the booze doesn't flow into a club or restaurant without Nucky's stamp of approval.

7) Agent Nelson Van Alden (George Mueller)... How he factors into Capone's emerging empire should be interesting.

18. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I bet you would be good in a knife fight, because that was a good stab:)

My only thing with Margaret at the end, it happened so quickly. I was wondering if she was going to wake up from a nightmare to find Nucky was never their?

19. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Thanks, DJ, great analysis! I didn't realize the distillery deal was to set Nucky up for a big fall. So sticking Rothstein in there puts him in the rat trap instead!

20. altidude

altidude AllStar

Jan 13, 2010
    I don't think the deal between Mellon and Nucky was a set up to trap Nucky. I think Nucky twisted/blackmailed Mellon into turning the tables on AR.