Boston Market NBC Sports Boston 630

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bossfan50, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

1. bossfan50

bossfan50 AllStar

Apr 28, 2007
    Is anyone in Boston market having transmission problem with channel 630 NBC Sports Boston?

I have one TV connected to an HR22 where the video and audio is cutting in and out. I have not found another channel with the HR22 that is having this issue. To make it more weird I have another TV connected to an HR44 that has no problem on the channel. Any ideas why one specific channel on one specific TV would have this happening? I have already rebooted and refreshed receiver and changed HDMI cable just to rule things out.

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Can you describe your installation?

Since while I know it may be a pain to do ...

Can you temporarily swap locations of the HR22 with the Genie to see if the problem moves with the HR22?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

3. bossfan50

bossfan50 AllStar

Apr 28, 2007
    Not sure what you mean by describe installation.

Swapping receivers will be a pain but when I have a block of time to do so I might have to in order to see if it could be the HR22. Thing I can't figure out is that it is the only channel that I am having an issue with.

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Just wanted to make sure that, if and when, you swap the receivers you don't move the Power Inserter (PI) with one them as it must remain connected to the power passing port(s) of the SWiM splitter(s) to keep power to the LNB. Is the reason I asked about your specific installation.

But anyway, yes my suspicion is the age of the HR22 causing an anomaly decoding that specific channel. And perhaps others as well you may haven't checked.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

5. bossfan50

bossfan50 AllStar

Apr 28, 2007
    Thanks for your replies. When you said that you think it might be a decoding issue on that specific channel I decided to call Directv tech help. The CSR agreed that it sounds like a receiver issue so they are sending a new one. And best of all because I did a disconnect and a win back offer in September they have the receiver as being newly activated in September so because there is a problem within 90 days of activation I am not being charged a shipping fee.