Boxes...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by smiddy, May 19, 2008.

1. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    So, you got rid of your boxes, yes?

I did and Mrs. Smiddy was so happy. I have an extra set of equipment though. What is everyone else doing with theirs?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I packed everything back up in them. Then I had my LNB failure and opened them back up to find another bad LNB, so:
    1 AT-9 on my pole working,
    1 AU-9 packed with the LNB box open,
    1 AU-9, with another bad LNB and the rest of it "hanging around" in the garage.
    Oh yeah, and three bad LNBs in the middle of my living room floor, waiting to find out what to do with them.

3. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Much to the disappointment of my wife the box is still sitting in my home office. I just need to pack everything back up and stash in the basement or garage. Since the H20 issues seem to be solved I'm back to running just one dish using the SWM LNB. The boxes along with the dish, mounts, and old LNB are sitting right behind me. :rolleyes:

My wife is going away this weekend and "dealing" with the above mentioned items is on the honey-do list she's compiling for the time while she's gone.... :D

I figure for now I've got the space to store it so I'm going to keep all the extra parts around for a while just in case.

4. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I had to rent a storage room across the street. :) No basement and no real attic.
    Thankfully it will also hold the boat, even with all the DIRECTV boxes. :)

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    In general, I keep boxes for all my equipment for two years. After that I don't care if it breaks. My garage looks like a DIRECTV warehouse but I am not complaining!

6. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    My stuff is all stuck in the shed in the back yard... Mostly just cause I'm too lazy to consolidate boxes and get rid of the empty stuff.

I can load the shed up all I want and the Mrs is happy. As long as I'm not cluttering her living areas, everything is good!

7. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Right now I have one large box with a full AU9 (dish, LNB) taking up space in my garage. It just gets shoved from one place to another. Are we allowed to sell them on the open market. I alredy have one extra AU9 LNB sitting in my parts box.

Bob

8. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I still have the AU9 boxed up in the garage.

My wife hasn't asked about them in a while.

The first time they're in her way....:rolleyes:

Mike

9. benjaminmarle

benjaminmarle Legend

Jun 7, 2002
    Sad to say, but my large box is in the living room still. One of my projects for this long weekend is to find a place to store it!

10. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    #1 reason I wouldn't buy a house with out basement and garage :)

11. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    And when you move, make sure they're both bigger than what you had. :lol:

12. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Move? I dread that day.. I'll need a couple dumpsters :lol:

13. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    For the folks in Arizona and parts of the South and parts of California, they are all on slabs and some have flat roofs. I grew up in California and never had a basement, I never knew what I was missing. Now with 2/3 of my basement finished and a walkout, I have lots of room for storage. So, yep, I have to agree, gotta love'm! :)

14. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Basements in Arizona a few and far between. I miss my basement and the huge walk in storage closets. Also the garages are all finshed off, so I can't store anything up in the rafters. Oh, for the good old days.

bob

15. 66stang351

66stang351 New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    My box...full of a complete slimline dish is still sitting in the same place as it has been since it came...in my parents dining room. The SWMline LNB has been installed...by my wife since I was in and out to quick...on my original slimline dish and is working great.

16. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Well my boxes are gone finally, but my extra stuff is in the guest room closet. With all my other stuff for electronics. I hope I don't get company anytime soon. Then I would want to move it. :eek2: :lol:

17. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    The company or the electronics..... :D :lol: :lol:

18. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    The company of course! :lol: :lol: