1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braves @ Diamondbacks on SportSouth HD,channel 649

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Steve615, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    According to the channel guide,this game should be going live on this channel currently.When we go to this channel,all we are seeing is a blank,black screen.No messages of any kind,just a blank screen.Any ideas in regards to what's going on with this channel?

2. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    There must be some technical difficulties going on with the channel.When I go to the channel now,it shows the DirecTV logo.

3. BamaDawg

BamaDawg Cool Member

Jan 12, 2007
    I had the same problem and tuned to tuned to FSNAZ of course it was blacked out but the receiver checked if it was on another channel and 9328 SSHD test channel came up>I'm watching it right now.

4. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I was trying to tune to the HD broadcast of the Marlins on FSN, same thing, black and black. I went to the FSN site and there was a note that advised DirecTv customers that Aug 9 & 10 the HD broadcast would not be available due to Olympic coverage. Wonder if they are doing the same to you?

5. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Thanks for the reply.We are now viewing it on channel 9328 too.It looks like the backdoor is still open to some of the test channels.
    :)

6. bobcnn

bobcnn Mentor

Nov 10, 2007
    I had the same problem, went to the Diamondback version of the game, and then it sent me to the channel in the 9000's.
    But on a second HD receiver, when I go to I have the game on 649 , but it is in standard. It is strange on this receiver, SportsSouth is only listed as SS. On the other receiver (the one where I get the game in the 9000's), it is listed as SSHD.
    When I go to channels I receive on the on I'm only getting the game in standard, SSHD is not even listed as a station I can get.

7. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I suspect all this confusion is the lighting up of D11 and the substituting of Olympic coverage. Hopefully will be all cleared up on 8/14.

8. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    I agree with that thought.
    BTW,did you have any success finding the Marlins game on any channels?

9. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    For those that are seeing the test channel for this game,what do you think of the PQ and audio?We have it tuned in on both of our HR20-700s currently.It is being broadcast in 720p format.The PQ looks great.Crisp,sharp and clear picture quality indeed.The audio quality seems very good too.When they go to a commercial break,we have to turn the audio down,because the commercials are quite a bit louder,compared to the audio of the game broadcast.

10. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    I have watched 2 games on the Test FSN NW this weekend and the picture and sound seem stunningly good to me

11. prospect60

prospect60 Legend

Aug 26, 2006
    Weird stuff. 649 is listed as SSHD (normally it's 649-1) on my HR20 instead of plain SS. Turned on the Show SD Duplicates in the menu and now I have both 649's in my Guide. Game available on 649 SS (Std Def) only.

I can't get 9328 at all (get the 'Doink'sound).

12. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    SD only. I didn't care as long as they beat the Mets:)

13. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...

are you blacked out of the game anywhere at all? if so go to that channel and let game search find the test channel for you ... pretty cool actually

14. teebeebee1

teebeebee1 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    Nothing is blacked on this game anymore i swear, i'm in arizona and can't even get the braves feed to be blacked out

15. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Try channel 686,FSN Arizona.If you go to that channel,you should see the game search screen pop up.This is how we found the test channel earlier.
    :)

16. prospect60

prospect60 Legend

Aug 26, 2006
    Correction, went to the FSAZ 686 site and the search function allowed access to 9328 even though I couldn't go there directly. Not that it really matters with the this team -- what an
    atrocious year. Luckily with PGA and Olympics the day's not been a total waste.

17. rkunces

rkunces Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    I was unable to get the game on SS. However, the game eventually was in HD on the FSN Arizona channel but not until the 7th inning.

18. flyingtigerfan

flyingtigerfan Godfather

Feb 16, 2005
    Looks like they went ahead and moved the SSHD channel to 649 from 649-1. So if you have the SD duplicates hidden, you couldn't get to the 649 SD channel which is the only place the Braves feed comes through on away games.

In other words, they changed the part-time HD channel number to a full-time number, but the content was still only part-time....

Didn't know about the test channel. But on the wrong side of a 6-1 score, it all worked out for the best. :)

19. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    At the beginning of this season, I counted no less than 13 different channels, any
    one of which the braves could appear on any given game day. One would think
    that with that many channels, there would be no way anyone could miss a Braves
    telecast, but not so. It seems that I have missed more games this year than in any
    year since WTBS began broadcasting the games wat back in the '70s. Go figure!

:shrug: